Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
Meanwhile in a statement, the University said, “It is informed that the theory examinations scheduled on 16-Nov-2018 of Nov/Dec 2018 Examinations of Anna University pertaining to all affiliated colleges of the UG/PG degree programs are rescheduled due to Cyclone. Accordingly the postponed examination date is 13-Dec-2018. This may please be brought to the notice of students, staff and all concerned." Earlier the university had announced the cancellation of all examinations scheduled on Thursday, November 15.
Moreover cyclone Gaja made landfall in the early hours of Friday morning, leaving a trail of destruction centred predominantly in Nagapattinam. Hence over 76,000 people were preemptively evacuated on Thursday across Cuddalore, Nagapattinam, Ramanathapuram, Thanjavur, Pudukkottai and Thiruvarur districts. As per report over 20 people from across seven districts in Tamilnadu had died due to electrocution, wall or tree collapses.
SC dismissed PIL challenging dissolution of J&K Assembly by Governor Satya Pal Malik New Delhi sources stated that a bench comprising Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi and Justice S K Kaul said "We are not inclined to interfere (with the decision of the Governor)". Meanwhile the bench was hearing a PIL filed by BJP leader Gagan Bhagat, who was an MLA before the Assembly was dissolved.
- Which Party will win Higher Percentage in Telangana?
- Strange case of a damaging goat!
- H Raja again in controversy!
- Ravishankar firm on program plans!
- People against Jayalalitha's memorial!
- Jaipur Princess filed for Divorce
- Bengaluru boy uses Broomstick to beat his Mother
- Ramdas Athawale slapped by 30 old man at a public event in Maharashtra
- KTR openly claims that TRS would return to power with 100 seats
- Will Congress' talks with MIM give an edge?
- World Bank says remittance inflow to India last year was USD 68.9 billion
- Trump's Son in Law had private conversations with Saudi Crown Prince
- Vaiko warned as TN worst affected in India for Mekedatu Project
- Wedding celebrations of Isha Ambani as grand as expected
- Australian Shark trampled a surfer