Chennai sources stated that chief minister K Palaniswami said the death toll in cyclone ‘Gaja’ has touched 33 and left a trail of destruction across six districts of Tamilnadu with 30,000 electricity poles and over a lakh trees getting uprooted. As per report he maintained that the impact of cyclone was less as 82,000 people were evacuated to 471 relief centres well in advance. Furthermore 20 men, 11 women and 2 boys died in cyclone related incidents, and as of now, 1,77,500 people have been housed in over 351 camps, the chief minister said, adding food, and medical amenities were being provided to them by the government.
Meanwhile the chief minister, speaking to reporters at Vanavasi near Salem, said that cattle, including goats, and wild animals including deer, have perished. He said “It has now been estimated that uprooted trees alone were 1,27,000 and there is a possibility of the numbers going up”.
Moreover on complaints from people in cyclone hit districts that they did not get food, he said there was no such thing anywhere. Food was stocked in advance to make it available for people. Accordingly “District Collectors and ministers from the respective districts are camping in affected areas and carrying out relief operations on a war footing.” He said Milk was sought and it has been dispatched and adding five more ministers have been deputed to oversee relief work.
Minister Vijayabhaskar expresses joy! Minister Vijayabhaskar has expressed his happiness stating that just like he guessed, the Amma Makkal Munnetra Katchi camp is dismantling itself. He said that the continuous calls from leaders of AIADMK including chief minister Edappadi Palanisamy to call the members of Amma Makkal munnetra Katchi who split from ADMK can come and join back with the mother party is paying rich dividends.
- Rahul gives an opportunity for BJP!
- BJP losing Urban seats Day by Day
- Malaysia Fantastic Deals Package launched for Indian Tourists
- KTR confident in winning Lok Sabha Polls by 2019
- Swiggy's Next Customer base is Students
- Will KCR replicate Rythu Bandhu Scheme across India?
- Celebrities across Globe attended Isha-Anand Royal Wedding
- KCR took oath as CM of Telangana for Second Time
- Bumper Airfare Fly to any place with Rs.999
- Single use plastic be banned in TN from January 1, 2019
- Know the Most Searched personality in Google 2018
- People of Telangana & Hyderabad rejected politics of Cong & BJP: Owaisi
- 102 year old skydiver did it for helping many
- Internal conflicts arising in BJP?
- BJP twist in Madhya Pradesh!