Holiday has been announced for schools and colleges within Nagapattinam, and Pudukottai districts. The Gaja cyclone formed in the Bay of Bengal has turned the lives of delta area people upside down, and though it has been two days since the cyclone had subsided, people living in delta areas have been facing a tough time, without food, water, and all other basic needs.
With the electric poles falling down and the electricity coming down totally, the districts have been totally in darkness. Most of the schools in these cyclone impacted districts had been used to shelter people who had lost their homes.
Since the relief and reconstruction activities have not yet been completed in these districts, it has been announced that the schools and colleges within the districts of Nagapattinam and Pudukottai will be on holiday yesterday.
Male Elephant passed away while crossing electrocuted fence Accordingly a male elephant tragically passed away while trying to cross a fence in Nagarhole National Park in Karnataka on Saturday. Reportedly iron fences were erected in parts of the park to prevent elephants from crossing over into human settlements and the 42 year old elephant had crossed over and raided an agricultural field on Friday and however, the elephant got stuck on the fence on the way back to the Veerahosahalli range.
- Karunanidhi statue unveiled in DMK HQ
- Amit Shah visits Telangana to estimate loss of BJP
- Is Kamal Hassan making alliance with Congress & DMK ahead of 2019 LS elections?
- Duraimurugan on Rahul's Chennai sentiment!
- Piety cyclone to cause heavy winds!
- Events at Karunanidhi Statue opening!
- Bhupesh Baghel to become Chattisgarh CM
- AP likely to be touched by Cyclone Phethai
- KTR gearing up for Gram Panchayat Polls
- Will Thoothukudi Sterlite be reopened?
- Owaisi challenges Chandrababu Naidu
- Will Janasena's Fortune be changed soon?
- Is Anushka Shetty ready to marry a Business Tycoon?
- Why Arogyasri Services comes to a halt in AP Hospital from Monday?
- Has Money played major role in Telangana Elections?