Accordingly Sharmila, who had earlier headed the Telangana unit of YCP, is nowhere in the scene now in the Telangana polls. Meanwhile Jagan has announced that YCP would stay away from the Telangana elections, the move said to have irked Sharmila and her followers in the party.
Previously YSRCP had won 3 MLA seats and 1 MP seat in Telangana in 2014 polls. But all of them have later joined TRS giving shock to Jagan. Furthermore even in those tough times, Sharmila had worked hard for the party in Telangana, but Jagan's decision to not contest polls in Telangana is not going down well with YSR's hard core followers in Telangana. Recently TDP fielded Nandamuri Hari Krishna's daughter Nandamuri Suhasini from Kutapally where the people of Andhra Pradesh is dominant, YCP has chose to not to contest in Telangana at all.
Presently the whole situation is being en-cashed by Congress. Moreover YSR had done a lot in Telangana while he was the CM. Even today, YSR's charisma is adding to the Congress in Telangana. Hence y staying inactive in Telangana, Jagan is helping Congress to gain from the vacuum created in Telangana, but the reason is that Jagan wants to put his complete focus on AP. He firmly believes that he will win in 2019 in AP to strengthen the party slowly in Telangana and want there to play an ally role to TRS.
Protests before Kerala CM residence! In connection with the Sabarimala verdict and the government decision to abide by it. Wide spread protests have been going on in Kerala, and yesterday, there were huge protests held outside the residence of Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan.
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes
- Top House Democrats raised prospect of impeachment for Trump
- SC dismissed PIL challenging dissolution of J&K Assembly by Governor Satya Pal Malik
- Which Party will win Higher Percentage in Telangana?
- Strange case of a damaging goat!