Chennai sources stated that Opposition DMK in Tamilnadu on Monday announced contributing one month's salary of its MPs and MLAs towards cyclone Gaja relief activities. Meanwhile Party President MK Stalin said the DMK Trust will separately contribute a sum of Rs one crore towards the relief activities. He said "The cyclone and rain have severely affected people's lives. To retrieve them from the unprecedented damage, a sum of Rs one crore will be provided from the DMK Trust”.
Furthermore he said “DMK MPs and MLAs will contribute their one month's salary, Stalin, also the state Leader of Opposition, and his party's contribution was aimed at aiding the "relief, rehabilitation and reconstruction efforts”. Meanwhile the DMK has no Lok Sabha MPs, it has four members in the Rajya Sabha. Its strength in the 234 member Tamilnadu Assembly now stands at 88 following the death of its then party chief M Karunanidhi in August this year.
Accordingly Cyclone Gaja, which had crossed Tamilnadu coast last Friday between Nagapattinam and nearby Vedaranyam, has so far claimed 45 lives and left a trail of destruction, uprooting 1.7 lakh trees and damaging 88,102 hectares of agricultural land in the affected districts. Moreover Gaja had caused severe damage in the districts of Cuddalore, Nagapattinam, Ramanathapuram, Thanjavur, Pudukottai and Tiruvarur in Tamilnadu and Karaikal in neighbouring Puducherry.
Employee comes in Ambulance to ask leave! After repeated requests for taking leave being denied, an employee has come in an ambulance much to the shock of employer and has asked leave. Babu belongs to Erode Kasbapettai. He lives with his wife Malar Kodi and they have a son and a daughter. He has been working with Tamilnadu State Transport Corporation for the past 5 years as a driver.
- Minister Vijayabhaskar expresses joy!
- Rahul gives an opportunity for BJP!
- BJP losing Urban seats Day by Day
- Malaysia Fantastic Deals Package launched for Indian Tourists
- KTR confident in winning Lok Sabha Polls by 2019
- Swiggy's Next Customer base is Students
- Will KCR replicate Rythu Bandhu Scheme across India?
- Celebrities across Globe attended Isha-Anand Royal Wedding
- KCR took oath as CM of Telangana for Second Time
- Bumper Airfare Fly to any place with Rs.999
- Single use plastic be banned in TN from January 1, 2019
- Know the Most Searched personality in Google 2018
- People of Telangana & Hyderabad rejected politics of Cong & BJP: Owaisi
- 102 year old skydiver did it for helping many
- Internal conflicts arising in BJP?