Hyderabad sources reported that the JNTU circular asking colleges to provide Aadhaar details of students for its biometric attendance system is in violation of Supreme Court orders against the practice, education experts have alleged. As per report the court also said Aadhaar was not needed for a range of services including cell phone SIM cards and to open bank accounts.
Meanwhile as per report the JNTU has asked for the students’ Aadhaar number and a copy of the Aadhaar card. Furthermore Dr Srini Bhupalam, president, All India Federation of Self-Financing Technical Institutes, said, “The Supreme Court judgment clearly prohibited the use of Aadhaar by agencies conducting entrance examinations and in my opinion the circular issued by the JNTUH with respect to Aadhaar biometric attendance system is in direct violation of the SC order.”
Moreover when asked about this, JNTU registrar Prof. Yadaiah Yadav said “We will discuss the legal aspects with our legal experts regarding implementation of Aadhaar based biometric system. Hence it has been implemented in many other cases as it has a unique number but we will take legal advice.”
Cyclonic Storm prevails over AP & North Tamilnadu According to sources the IMD stated the deep depression over south Bay of Bengal is likely to intensify into a cyclonic storm over the next 24 hours. Meanwhile the cyclonic storm is expected to move towards Andhra Pradesh and adjoining north Tamilnadu coast over the next 72 hours and the regions could witness heavy to very heavy rainfall.
- Interpol issued RCN to Mehul Choksi
- Ambani spent 100 Crores for Isha Ambani's Wedding
- YSRCP Leaders made a complaint to EC preventing Fake Votes
- Employee comes in Ambulance to ask leave!
- Minister Vijayabhaskar expresses joy!
- Rahul gives an opportunity for BJP!
- BJP losing Urban seats Day by Day
- Malaysia Fantastic Deals Package launched for Indian Tourists
- KTR confident in winning Lok Sabha Polls by 2019
- Swiggy's Next Customer base is Students
- Will KCR replicate Rythu Bandhu Scheme across India?
- Celebrities across Globe attended Isha-Anand Royal Wedding
- KCR took oath as CM of Telangana for Second Time
- Bumper Airfare Fly to any place with Rs.999
- Single use plastic be banned in TN from January 1, 2019