As the delta districts are slowly recovering from the after effects of the deadly Gaja cyclone, now, yet another problem is set to arise and attack. The Gaja cyclone which was formed in the Bay of Bengal had crossed the sea at Vedaranyam on Friday morning. The winds were blowing at a pace of 110 kilometers, and due to the heavy winds and rains, Nagapattinam, Thanjavur, Pudhukottai and the delta area districts had faced severe after effects.
Since the people of Delta areas are already affected heavily and are in tears losing their livelihood losing their source of livelihood, their agricultural lands, trees, cattle and farms, they are set to face another trouble. Still the delta areas are without electricity and telecom connectivity, and more than 200 villages are yet to receive power.
Now a new pressure zone has been formed, and in the next 24 hours is expected to impact places like Cuddalore, Nagapattinam, Karaikal, Thanjavur, Pudhukottai, Ramanathapuram etc, as they might face heavy rainfall, as said by Chennai Meteorological department director Balachandran. The relief measures are being taken at a good pace to face the next impacts.
Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh Accordingly even as counting is still underway in the five states, the Congress has started sending overtures to form the government in Rajasthan and the party is leading in the state and its Rajasthan chief Sachin Pilot has said that he is in contact with "like-minded" people. Reportedly the party has taken a big lead in Chhattisgarh and Rajasthan, but is engaged in a close contest with the BJP in Madhya Pradesh.
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes
- Top House Democrats raised prospect of impeachment for Trump
- SC dismissed PIL challenging dissolution of J&K Assembly by Governor Satya Pal Malik
- Which Party will win Higher Percentage in Telangana?