Gurgaon sources stated that inaugurating the expressway, PM Modi said, "It is a significant day for Haryana and it will bring about a transport revolution in the state." Hitting out at the earlier UPA government, PM Modi said that the expressway should have been ready a decade ago, during the Commonwealth Games, but due to corruption, it was delayed.
Meanwhile ahead of the inauguration, Congress spokesperson, Randeep Surjewala questioned will the Prime Minister or the Haryana Chief Minister takes responsibility of "endangering people's lives by inaugurating an "incomplete highway." Furthermore the Congress alleged that the Narendra Modi government at the Centre and the Khattar government in the state are endangering the lives of commuters by inaugurating an "incomplete expressway without being tested by the engineers."
Moreover the expressway has been built at a cost of Rs. 6,400 crore and 3,846 acres of land was acquired at a cost of Rs. 2,788 crore. Further the 83 km Kundli to Manesar stretch will have 14 bridges, 56 underpasses, seven intersections and seven toll plazas. Accordingly the project will provide high-speed uninterrupted link for commercial traffic from Haryana to neighboring states.PM Modi also inaugurated the 3.2 km long Ballabhgarh-Mujesar Metro rail link, which would facilitate travel for people of Delhi and Faridabad.
Male Elephant passed away while crossing electrocuted fence Accordingly a male elephant tragically passed away while trying to cross a fence in Nagarhole National Park in Karnataka on Saturday. Reportedly iron fences were erected in parts of the park to prevent elephants from crossing over into human settlements and the 42 year old elephant had crossed over and raided an agricultural field on Friday and however, the elephant got stuck on the fence on the way back to the Veerahosahalli range.
- Karunanidhi statue unveiled in DMK HQ
- Amit Shah visits Telangana to estimate loss of BJP
- Is Kamal Hassan making alliance with Congress & DMK ahead of 2019 LS elections?
- Duraimurugan on Rahul's Chennai sentiment!
- Piety cyclone to cause heavy winds!
- Events at Karunanidhi Statue opening!
- Bhupesh Baghel to become Chattisgarh CM
- AP likely to be touched by Cyclone Phethai
- KTR gearing up for Gram Panchayat Polls
- Will Thoothukudi Sterlite be reopened?
- Owaisi challenges Chandrababu Naidu
- Will Janasena's Fortune be changed soon?
- Is Anushka Shetty ready to marry a Business Tycoon?
- Why Arogyasri Services comes to a halt in AP Hospital from Monday?
- Has Money played major role in Telangana Elections?