According to sources as rescue operations are underway in cyclone Gaja affected areas of Tamilnadu’s coastal and delta districts, several actors from the state have stepped forward to do their bit. As per report it was stated that actors Sivakumar, Suriya, Karthi and Jyotika have together announced a donation of Rs 50 Lakh from their production house 2D Entertainment as relief fund for cyclone affected areas. Hence it is being reported that the amount will be distributed through the NGOs in the area.
Furthermore actor and music director GV Prakash Kumar with support from Suryan FM has deputed his team to distribute relief materials such as water bottles, milk powder, sanitary napkins, mosquito coils, biscuits, etc. Meanwhile the actor posted on his Twitter page that his team has been visiting cyclone affected areas with relief materials in two tempo vans from their collection point in Trichy National College.
Moreover actor Rajinikanth’s fan page that goes by the name RBSI Rajini Fan Page on Twitter has announced that its members would contribute for Gaja relief from their 2.0 celebration savings. Further Tamizhazhagan R, one of its member said that fans would collect relief material from those willing to contribute and the collection would be sent to flood affected areas. “We asked our members to buy relief materials from whatever they saved for celebrating Thalaivar’s 2.0 release.
People against Jayalalitha's memorial! The general public has been strongly opposing the move to convert former Tamilnadu chief minister Jayalalitha's residence at Poes garden as her memorial. Current Tamil Nadu chief minister Edappadi Palanisamy had earlier announced that the residence of former CM Jayalalitha at Veda Nilayam in Poes garden will be converted into her memorial.
- Jaipur Princess filed for Divorce
- Bengaluru boy uses Broomstick to beat his Mother
- Ramdas Athawale slapped by 30 old man at a public event in Maharashtra
- KTR openly claims that TRS would return to power with 100 seats
- Will Congress' talks with MIM give an edge?
- World Bank says remittance inflow to India last year was USD 68.9 billion
- Trump's Son in Law had private conversations with Saudi Crown Prince
- Vaiko warned as TN worst affected in India for Mekedatu Project
- Wedding celebrations of Isha Ambani as grand as expected
- Australian Shark trampled a surfer
- World's Largest Arabic Audio Libraries launched in Dubai
- Will Owl Bird create misfortune for Elections?
- Telangana polls reflected the paradox of perceptions of rural & urban voters
- Congress Spokesperson attacked Yogi Adithyanath
- Vijay Fans assaulted Members of AIADMK