Washington sources reported that an Indian-American woman has been elected as the president of the powerful student's body of the prestigious Harvard University. Accordingly Sruthi Palaniappan, 20, whose parents migrated to the US from Chennai in 1992, was elected as president of the Harvard University Undergraduate Council.
Meanwhile Palaniappan (L) said she and Huesa (R) planned to work on improving the Council's communication with the student body in their initial days in office. Furthermore her running mate Julia Huesa, 20, was elected as vice president, according to an announcement by the Undergraduate Council Election Commission. Accordingly Palaniappan said she and Huesa planned to work on improving the Council's communication with the student body in their initial days in office.
She said "She thinks from the onset, better structuring the way we communicate with students is something that we need to already set the tone and plan for”. As per report Ms Palaniappan was the youngest delegate at the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia in July 2016. Reports added Ms Palaniappan and Ms Huesa garnered nearly 41.5% of the votes as against their nearest opponent Nadine M Khoury and Arnav Agrawal, who received 26.6% of the votes.
History Maker: Iniyavan - Inventor of 2000 types of Idlis According to sources as an ordinary auto driver, Dr Iniyavan did not have the faintest idea that helping to transport idli batter to a cook’s home would ignite his passion for the dish and pave his way to achieving a space in the Guinness World Records as well as making him a world renowned name.
- Where is Vamsi? When he will file nomination?
- To Whom will YSRCP voters vote in Vizag when their candidate failed to give fight?
- Telangana High Court Clears Way for Lakshmi's NTR Release
- Sumalatha will contest as an independent from Mandya
- JD Lakshminarayana To Take On Balakrishna's Alludu
- Goa's new CM be BJP's Pramod Sawant
- Kamal Hassan announces candidates list by March 20
- KCR in mindset to start National Party after Polls