Accordingly amidst rising tensions in the state of Kerala over the recent protests at Sabarimala temple, Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan on Tuesday morning addressed the media at the Kerala Secretariat in Thiruvananthapuram. He added “It is the BJP and RSS who are leading the protests at Sabarimala and the Congress is giving support to them and these protests are purely for political gains and have nothing to do with devotion”.
Meanwhile the areas of Pamba, Nilakkal and the Sabarimala temple have witnessed intense protests after the historic verdict of the Supreme Court on September 28 allowing the entry of women of all ages into the Sabarimala temple. Furthermore Pinarayi Vijayan also emphasized the fact that the state government had no other option but to implement the SC verdict.
Moreover the Kerala High Court on Tuesday questioned the state government for the “excessive” control by the police at Sabarimala. Hence this after 69 people who were protesting at the Sannidhanam on Sunday night was detained by the police. Further the CM also stated that he is confused with the stand of the Congress regarding the Sabarimala issue. “The stand of the Congress in the centre is to implement the SC verdict and in Kerala, they are competing with the BJP to not implement the verdict.”
People against Jayalalitha's memorial! The general public has been strongly opposing the move to convert former Tamilnadu chief minister Jayalalitha's residence at Poes garden as her memorial. Current Tamil Nadu chief minister Edappadi Palanisamy had earlier announced that the residence of former CM Jayalalitha at Veda Nilayam in Poes garden will be converted into her memorial.
- Jaipur Princess filed for Divorce
- Bengaluru boy uses Broomstick to beat his Mother
- Ramdas Athawale slapped by 30 old man at a public event in Maharashtra
- KTR openly claims that TRS would return to power with 100 seats
- Will Congress' talks with MIM give an edge?
- World Bank says remittance inflow to India last year was USD 68.9 billion
- Trump's Son in Law had private conversations with Saudi Crown Prince
- Vaiko warned as TN worst affected in India for Mekedatu Project
- Wedding celebrations of Isha Ambani as grand as expected
- Australian Shark trampled a surfer
- World's Largest Arabic Audio Libraries launched in Dubai
- Will Owl Bird create misfortune for Elections?
- Telangana polls reflected the paradox of perceptions of rural & urban voters
- Congress Spokesperson attacked Yogi Adithyanath
- Vijay Fans assaulted Members of AIADMK