According to sources as overcast skies loom over Thanjavur district on Tuesday, Mari Susai is sitting in his field, taking stock of the damage that Friday's cyclone unleashed. As per report acres of purple and green sugarcane crops that were to be primed and plucked for Pongal 2019, now lay tilted, threatening to wither away. Meanwhile smaller saplings have survived the onslaught of the cyclone, the crops that have grown four to five feet in height have a tough road ahead.
Mari a farmer from Valamarkottai said “This is the main harvest this season and it has been ruined. We can try our best but what can be done? The winds have torn them down and then the rains came and washed away the soil”. Furthermore Dorai Rasu, another farmer working in a field adjoining Mari's is gathering the disintegrated soil with both hands, hoping to coax them back into a sturdy union. Hence the main focus of these sugarcane farmers over the next couple of days is to restore their crops to the extent possible.
Moreover with limited water, they hope to distribute the nourishment quicker across the crops, as opposed to spraying them individually. He says, pointing to his friends Mari and Dorai “Whether we are compensated for these losses or not, we have to rebuild our lives ourselves. We have to start. Some of us have lost our homes, some of us have not and he has not, so he will help them”.
Minister Vijayabhaskar expresses joy! Minister Vijayabhaskar has expressed his happiness stating that just like he guessed, the Amma Makkal Munnetra Katchi camp is dismantling itself. He said that the continuous calls from leaders of AIADMK including chief minister Edappadi Palanisamy to call the members of Amma Makkal munnetra Katchi who split from ADMK can come and join back with the mother party is paying rich dividends.
- Rahul gives an opportunity for BJP!
- BJP losing Urban seats Day by Day
- Malaysia Fantastic Deals Package launched for Indian Tourists
- KTR confident in winning Lok Sabha Polls by 2019
- Swiggy's Next Customer base is Students
- Will KCR replicate Rythu Bandhu Scheme across India?
- Celebrities across Globe attended Isha-Anand Royal Wedding
- KCR took oath as CM of Telangana for Second Time
- Bumper Airfare Fly to any place with Rs.999
- Single use plastic be banned in TN from January 1, 2019
- Know the Most Searched personality in Google 2018
- People of Telangana & Hyderabad rejected politics of Cong & BJP: Owaisi
- 102 year old skydiver did it for helping many
- Internal conflicts arising in BJP?
- BJP twist in Madhya Pradesh!