New Delhi sources stated that was a misty morning in the national capital on Wednesday with pollution levels 'very poor' as the Met noted presence of smoke in the air calling it "not supportive" for walking or jogging. Meanwhile the minimum temperature fell over past the 24 hours, with Wednesday recording 12.4 degree Celsius, the season's average, against 13.5 degrees on Tuesday.
As per report the maximum temperature was likely to hover around 28 degrees Celsius. An Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) official told "There will be mixture of smoke and haze. In the morning, the sky will remain clear but later it may get partly cloudy". Furthermore the Air Quality Index (AQI) of Delhi was 391 at 10 a.m., merely 10 points from being 'severe', on a scale of 0 to 500.
Moreover the humidity also remained high at 93% in the morning, making it difficult for pollutants to disperse. Further the national capital faces westerly and southwesterly winds, which being moist were also not supportive of pollution dispersion. Accordingly the average presence of particle pollutants, across 37 areas of Delhi during the morning hours was on the verge of 'severe' category.
IFF kick-started in Chennai Accordingly the 16th edition of the Chennai International Film Festival was kicked off in the city on Thursday with an inaugural function held at Kalaivanar Arangam. Reports added the festival will continue for a week until December 20. It is spearheaded by Indo Cine Appreciation Foundation (ICAF), CIFF is an annual event that showcases some of the best National and International films and draws a huge crowd of cinephiles, both young and old from across the state.
- Nepal Govt banned usage of Indian Currency Notes
- Banks be closed for 5 Days due to Merger
- Has Harish Rao's post given by TRS Party Supreme KCR?
- TRS party considering giving a representation to EC regarding symbol issues
- 13 Miners trapped in Coal pit yet to be rescued
- Donald Trump's son-in-law short listed for President's next chief of staff
- Rehana Fathima gets a bail and ban!
- BJP to focus on caste based votes!