According to sources BJP President Amit Shah and Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan exchanged heated words on the Sabarimala issue on Tuesday on their respective social media accounts. Amit Shah tweeted a strongly worded condemnation that the Kerala police was treating women and girls in an inhumane manner, force them to make the pilgrimage to Sabarimala without adequate toilets and other facilities.
Meanwhile he also said that Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan cannot get away with treating Ayyappa devotees like inmates of the Gulag, the notorious Soviet era labour camp system under Vladimir Lenin. As per report Pinarayi Vijayan refuted Amit Shah’s tweets strongly, calling them unfounded and misleading.
Further he said that the pilgrims there had expressed satisfaction at the arrangements provided there, and the arrangements only caused trouble to Sangh Parivar elements who were bent on causing trouble at Sabarimala with ulterior motives, and that Amit Shah must have gotten carried away with the campaign started by such elements. His post also said, “Mr Rajnath Singh, the union home minister has gone on record that the government does not have any option but to execute the order of the apex court. Moreover this is a reply to the allegation leveled by Amit Shah.”
Events at Karunanidhi Statue opening! Yesterday, the late former DMK Chief M Karunanidhi's statue was unveiled at the Anna Arivalayam in Chennai, and besides, the already installed statue of Anna was also renovated. Congress senior leader Sonia Gandhi had arrived to the event and inaugurated the statue, and the event was graced by the Chief Ministers of three states, Chandrababu Naidu, Pinarayi Vijayan and Narayanasamy.
- Bhupesh Baghel to become Chattisgarh CM
- AP likely to be touched by Cyclone Phethai
- KTR gearing up for Gram Panchayat Polls
- Will Thoothukudi Sterlite be reopened?
- Owaisi challenges Chandrababu Naidu
- Will Janasena's Fortune be changed soon?
- Is Anushka Shetty ready to marry a Business Tycoon?
- Why Arogyasri Services comes to a halt in AP Hospital from Monday?
- Has Money played major role in Telangana Elections?
- KCRs risky decisions in times are fruitful
- Ranil Wickremesinghe takes oath as Sri Lanka's PM on Sunday
- Why Anushka Shetty missing away from limelight?
- IndiGo Flight from Mumbai to Lucknow grounded due to Bomb Threat
- IFF kick-started in Chennai
- Nepal Govt banned usage of Indian Currency Notes