Sources from Trichy stated that actor turned politician Kamal Hassan, president of ‘Makkal Needhi Maiam’ (MNM) reached out to people affected by ‘Gaja cyclone with relief materials worth Rs 1.2 crore loaded into 70 trucks from various districts on Thursday. Accordingly he inspected the lorries with relief materials which came from various districts like Erode, Coimbatore, Tirupur almost all districts in Tamilnadu to Thanjavur and gave advice to drivers on how to reach the materials to the people.
As per report later he accompanied the trucks to the cyclone-affected areas in Thanjavur, Tiruvarur and Nagapattinam districts. Furthermore he told press persons before the lorries and vans left, that ‘Gaja’ cyclone should be declared as a national disaster. He said “Damages are more than we expected. This should be viewed as a national disaster”.
Moreover Kamal Hassan said that his party, the MNM, is ready to join hands with anyone, irrespective of party lines, to help people in this hour of crisis. We receive complaints that officials have not visited many villages and hence they should do it. Further he also said that ` 60 lakh worth of materials were collected before this relief consignment and have been distributed.
Protests before Kerala CM residence! In connection with the Sabarimala verdict and the government decision to abide by it. Wide spread protests have been going on in Kerala, and yesterday, there were huge protests held outside the residence of Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan.
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes
- Top House Democrats raised prospect of impeachment for Trump
- SC dismissed PIL challenging dissolution of J&K Assembly by Governor Satya Pal Malik
- Which Party will win Higher Percentage in Telangana?
- Strange case of a damaging goat!