Presently Kerala is rebuilding itself after the devastating impact of the deluge that hit the state in August, the worst that the state witnessed in a century. Meanwhile it has not forgotten the fact that neighboring Tamilnadu was one of the first states to extend maximum support during their difficult time. As per report as Tamilnadu grapples with the afterveffects of Cyclone Gaja, it is Kerala’s turn to help its neighbor.
Furthermore as many as 400 employees of the Kerala State Electricity Board (KSEB) are engaged in the work of restoring electricity supply in various parts of Tamilnadu. Further they have been deployed primarily in the Thanjavur and Pudukottai districts, where thousands of electric posts and transformers have been damaged due to Cyclone Gaja.
Ram Mahesh, Chief Public Relations Officer of KSEB said “Around 400 employees from KSEB are involved in the restoration of power in various parts of Tamilnadu that have been badly affected in the cyclonic storm. Hence the employees are engaged in installing poles and in the reconstruction of electric lines in order to restore power in the calamity hit areas”. Moreover he added, “Employees from Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Alappuzha, Thrissur, Palakkad, Malappuram and Wayanad districts have been pressed into service in the Gaja affected regions of Tamilnadu.”
Bhupesh Baghel to become Chattisgarh CM Bhupesh Baghel has been chosen as the Chief Minister of Chattisgarh. The congress party has made an official announcement on the same. In Chattisgarh, the Congress party has removed the 15 year long ruling by former Chief minister Raman Singh, by winning the elections, as they captured 68 constituencies out of the total 90. BJP had won in 15 seats, while Bahujan Samaj captured 2, and the rest won 5 seats.
- AP likely to be touched by Cyclone Phethai
- KTR gearing up for Gram Panchayat Polls
- Will Thoothukudi Sterlite be reopened?
- Owaisi challenges Chandrababu Naidu
- Will Janasena's Fortune be changed soon?
- Is Anushka Shetty ready to marry a Business Tycoon?
- Why Arogyasri Services comes to a halt in AP Hospital from Monday?
- Has Money played major role in Telangana Elections?
- KCRs risky decisions in times are fruitful
- Ranil Wickremesinghe takes oath as Sri Lanka's PM on Sunday
- Why Anushka Shetty missing away from limelight?
- IndiGo Flight from Mumbai to Lucknow grounded due to Bomb Threat
- IFF kick-started in Chennai
- Nepal Govt banned usage of Indian Currency Notes
- Banks be closed for 5 Days due to Merger