Hyderabad sources reported that as many as 1,821 candidates are left in the fray for 119 constituencies in the December 7 Telangana Assembly polls, the state election commission said Monday. Accordingly the Election commission came out the official figure after withdrawal of nominations ended on November 22. Reports stated that according to an official release, 1,762 nominations were either rejected or withdrawn.
Meanwhile the election officials had said that the final number of candidates left in the fray would be known after receipt of information from the constituencies. Furthermore Malkajgiri segment leads with 42 contestants including independents followed by 35 each in Uppal and LB Nagar constituencies. Reportedly Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) , which is going it alone, has fielded candidates in all the 119 Assembly segments.
Moreover the Congress, which is leading the 'grand alliance', has fielded 99 candidates while its other partners Telugu Desam Party 13 and CPI three. Moreover its other ally, Telangana Jana Samithi has given 'B-Forms' for eight candidates. B Form for elections is a proof that a particular candidate is put up by a political party. Accordingly the Congress was supposed to contest in 94 seats, TDP (14) CPI (3) and TJS eight, Bharatiya Janata Party has fielded 118 candidates. Further Telangana Congress president Uttam Kumar Reddy is contesting from Huzurnagar, while BJP Telangana chief K Laxman from Musheerabad.
Duraimurugan on Rahul's Chennai sentiment! DMK treasurer Duraimurugan has said that, Rahul gandhi will get the posts whenever he makes a visit to Chennai, and made the whole stage filled with hearty smiles. Following the unveiling of Kalaignar M Karunanidhi's statue, a grand meeting was planned at the Channai Royaetta YMCA grounds, and this event was attended by the leader of united progressive alliance, Sonia Gandhi, Congress president Rahul Gandhi
- Piety cyclone to cause heavy winds!
- Events at Karunanidhi Statue opening!
- Bhupesh Baghel to become Chattisgarh CM
- AP likely to be touched by Cyclone Phethai
- KTR gearing up for Gram Panchayat Polls
- Will Thoothukudi Sterlite be reopened?
- Owaisi challenges Chandrababu Naidu
- Will Janasena's Fortune be changed soon?
- Is Anushka Shetty ready to marry a Business Tycoon?
- Why Arogyasri Services comes to a halt in AP Hospital from Monday?
- Has Money played major role in Telangana Elections?
- KCRs risky decisions in times are fruitful
- Ranil Wickremesinghe takes oath as Sri Lanka's PM on Sunday
- Why Anushka Shetty missing away from limelight?
- IndiGo Flight from Mumbai to Lucknow grounded due to Bomb Threat