Hyderabad sources reported that as many as 1,821 candidates are left in the fray for 119 constituencies in the December 7 Telangana Assembly polls, the state election commission said Monday. Accordingly the Election commission came out the official figure after withdrawal of nominations ended on November 22. Reports stated that according to an official release, 1,762 nominations were either rejected or withdrawn.
Meanwhile the election officials had said that the final number of candidates left in the fray would be known after receipt of information from the constituencies. Furthermore Malkajgiri segment leads with 42 contestants including independents followed by 35 each in Uppal and LB Nagar constituencies. Reportedly Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) , which is going it alone, has fielded candidates in all the 119 Assembly segments.
Moreover the Congress, which is leading the 'grand alliance', has fielded 99 candidates while its other partners Telugu Desam Party 13 and CPI three. Moreover its other ally, Telangana Jana Samithi has given 'B-Forms' for eight candidates. B Form for elections is a proof that a particular candidate is put up by a political party. Accordingly the Congress was supposed to contest in 94 seats, TDP (14) CPI (3) and TJS eight, Bharatiya Janata Party has fielded 118 candidates. Further Telangana Congress president Uttam Kumar Reddy is contesting from Huzurnagar, while BJP Telangana chief K Laxman from Musheerabad.
Lokesh took risk where as Pavan played safe game! Lokesh and Pavan Kalyan made their political debut and test their luck by contesting to Assembly. Lokesh has decided to contest from Mangalagiri where as Pavan Kalyan shows his intention to contest from Bhimavaram and Gajuwaka Assembly segments.
- Kanna will be the candidate of Vizag MP?
- What is Roja's Condition in Nagari This Time?
- TDP's Efforts To Prevent YSRCP Hindupur MP Nomination Foiled
- CM Chandrababu is Criminal Minister: Jagan
- Why former Indian Cricketer Azharuddin denied MP ticket?
- YS Jagan Mohan Reddy lashed out at Chandrababu Naidu for delay in Polavaram Project
- Bhimavaram & Gajuwaka best bets for Pawan Kalyan by partys General Body
- Nagababu Joins Party, Janasena Becomes Another Family Pack