Washington sources reported that US President Donald Trump has said that it was "highly unlikely" he would accept an offer by his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping aimed at averting Trump's plan to raise tariffs on over $200 billion of Chinese goods to 25% in January 2019. Meanwhile Trump also warned once again that he was poised to slap a third round of tariffs on Chinese goods if the two leaders fail to broker an end to the trade rift in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Accordingly "If we don't make a deal, then he is going to put the $267 billion additional on," said Trump in the interview, adding the tariff level could either be 10 or 25%. Furthermore Trump said in the interview that could include tariffs on Apple products imported from China, including iPhones and laptops. Hence Apple's stock fell 1.5% in after-hours trading, erasing earlier gains from the day.
Trump said “The tariffs have drawn complaints from American businesses, who are responsible for paying the import duties”. Moreover it is also spurred concerns about renewed inflation, just as the Federal Reserve is set to raise interest rates in December, where more than 100 companies have already pre-emptively telegraphed during the third quarter earnings calls the damage further tariffs would impose on the US economy.
Bhupesh Baghel to become Chattisgarh CM Bhupesh Baghel has been chosen as the Chief Minister of Chattisgarh. The congress party has made an official announcement on the same. In Chattisgarh, the Congress party has removed the 15 year long ruling by former Chief minister Raman Singh, by winning the elections, as they captured 68 constituencies out of the total 90. BJP had won in 15 seats, while Bahujan Samaj captured 2, and the rest won 5 seats.
- AP likely to be touched by Cyclone Phethai
- KTR gearing up for Gram Panchayat Polls
- Will Thoothukudi Sterlite be reopened?
- Owaisi challenges Chandrababu Naidu
- Will Janasena's Fortune be changed soon?
- Is Anushka Shetty ready to marry a Business Tycoon?
- Why Arogyasri Services comes to a halt in AP Hospital from Monday?
- Has Money played major role in Telangana Elections?
- KCRs risky decisions in times are fruitful
- Ranil Wickremesinghe takes oath as Sri Lanka's PM on Sunday
- Why Anushka Shetty missing away from limelight?
- IndiGo Flight from Mumbai to Lucknow grounded due to Bomb Threat
- IFF kick-started in Chennai
- Nepal Govt banned usage of Indian Currency Notes
- Banks be closed for 5 Days due to Merger