Chennai sources stated that within a year of its implementation, the Real Estate Regulatory Authority in several states is flooded with complaints from homebuyers. Reportedly surveys also show that RERA has become the most preferred authority for grievance redressal. Earlier Maharashtra received 4,893 complaints, of which orders were passed in 3,041 cases while hearing is on in 1,542 cases.
Recently in Haryana, 1,800 complaints have been filed so far and still it is receiving 15-20 complaints every day. Furthermore according to KK Khandelwal, RERA regulator of Haryana, the authority needs more benches to dispose of the cases. Meanwhile it also has 20 law interns sitting in the authority, helping consumers file their complaints, understand their positions and get to know realistic time frames.
Accordingly Uttar Pradesh received 8,100 complaints, of which 2,200 have been disposed off. Uttar Pradesh RERA regulator Rajive Kumar expects that by January 2019, all pending complaints would be addressed. Moreover in Tamilnadu, the RERA regulator has cleared 24 complaints and another 266 are being heard. Karnataka has passed orders in 503 complaints. Madhya Pradesh has disposed off 1,268 complaints. Reports added a consumer poll conducted by Magicbricks.com also found that Real Estate (Development and Regulation) Act 2016 (RERA) has been able to instill confidence in consumers in around one year of its implementation.
#GautamGambhir joins BJP - says He is impressed by PM Modi's Vision Former Indian cricketer and opening batsman Gautam Gambhir, who had also captained Kolkata Knight Riders and Delhi Daredevil sin IPL has now joined Bharatiya Janata Party. With the elections nearing, both BJP and Congress are keen on roping in star candidates and recently former cricketer Jadeja's wife had joined BJP, and now Gambhir has joined.
- Pawan Kalyan's Accusations Worrying Pithapuram Sitting MLA
- Tough Fight In Rajahmundry City
- Fear of Failure for Chandra Babu Naidu
- A common man for YSRCP in Srikakulam
- #WorldWaterDay #SaveWater - Every drop counts
- Bengaluru, the cheapest Asian City!
- The big contest at Vizianagaram!
- KCR keeps TRS busy!
- List of TRS Candidates for Parliament
- Modi Ignores LK Advani Yet Again
- Mangalagiri.. Not easy for Lokesh
- Jet Airways Pilots urged PM to instruct Management for settling pending salaries
- List of BJP Candidates for Parliament
- Kamal Hassan's MNM Party will not indulge in horse trading in LS Polls
- Balayya achieved fame for his Violent Eccentricities than Social Work