Reports added the centre’s nod to proceed with Mekedatu reservoir project has been met with much criticism from the Tamilnadu government. Previously on Tuesday, following the centre’s approval for the project, state Chief Minister Edappadi Palaniswami wrote to Prime Minister Narendra Modi stating that the project would prove to be a hindrance to the livelihood of several farmers who depend on the Cauvery river water.
Accordingly CM’s letter stated “The Central Water Commission without considering the genuine and justifiable objections of Tamilnadu has given permission to Karnataka to prepare the Detailed Project Report for the Mekedatu Balancing Reservoir cum Drinking Water Project and the action of the Central Water Commission has caused great alarm and apprehension among the people of Tamilnadu as it will affect the livelihood of lakhs of farmers who depend on Cauvery water”.
Previously Union Minister of State for Finance and Shipping Pon Radhakrishnan, too had expressed his displeasure with the approval for the Mekedatu project stating that, “We cannot permit the building of the Mekedatu reservoir, which will impact many people in Tamilnadu.”
IFF kick-started in Chennai Accordingly the 16th edition of the Chennai International Film Festival was kicked off in the city on Thursday with an inaugural function held at Kalaivanar Arangam. Reports added the festival will continue for a week until December 20. It is spearheaded by Indo Cine Appreciation Foundation (ICAF), CIFF is an annual event that showcases some of the best National and International films and draws a huge crowd of cinephiles, both young and old from across the state.
- Nepal Govt banned usage of Indian Currency Notes
- Banks be closed for 5 Days due to Merger
- Has Harish Rao's post given by TRS Party Supreme KCR?
- TRS party considering giving a representation to EC regarding symbol issues
- 13 Miners trapped in Coal pit yet to be rescued
- Donald Trump's son-in-law short listed for President's next chief of staff
- Rehana Fathima gets a bail and ban!
- BJP to focus on caste based votes!