Reports added the centre’s nod to proceed with Mekedatu reservoir project has been met with much criticism from the Tamilnadu government. Previously on Tuesday, following the centre’s approval for the project, state Chief Minister Edappadi Palaniswami wrote to Prime Minister Narendra Modi stating that the project would prove to be a hindrance to the livelihood of several farmers who depend on the Cauvery river water.
Accordingly CM’s letter stated “The Central Water Commission without considering the genuine and justifiable objections of Tamilnadu has given permission to Karnataka to prepare the Detailed Project Report for the Mekedatu Balancing Reservoir cum Drinking Water Project and the action of the Central Water Commission has caused great alarm and apprehension among the people of Tamilnadu as it will affect the livelihood of lakhs of farmers who depend on Cauvery water”.
Previously Union Minister of State for Finance and Shipping Pon Radhakrishnan, too had expressed his displeasure with the approval for the Mekedatu project stating that, “We cannot permit the building of the Mekedatu reservoir, which will impact many people in Tamilnadu.”
Where is Vamsi? When he will file nomination? Vallabhaneni Vamsi name is appeared in first list of TDP as its nominee from Gannavaram Assembly. He didn’t go to Gannavaram after announcing his candidature from Hyderabad. Date of Filing of nominations would come to an end by 25th March.
- To Whom will YSRCP voters vote in Vizag when their candidate failed to give fight?
- Telangana High Court Clears Way for Lakshmi's NTR Release
- Sumalatha will contest as an independent from Mandya
- JD Lakshminarayana To Take On Balakrishna's Alludu
- Goa's new CM be BJP's Pramod Sawant
- Kamal Hassan announces candidates list by March 20
- KCR in mindset to start National Party after Polls
- SHOCKING: Lokesh To Back out of Mangalagiri?
- Why Pawan Kalyan Chose Gajuwaka and Bhimavaram?
- Jagan demands CBI probe!
- BJP active on Chowkidar campaign!
- Datachor and Vennupottu CBN trending!
- Two Indians among dead in NZ!
- MK Stalin commences campaigning from Thiruvarur constituency by March 20
- Why industrialist quit from Kamal Hassan's MNM Party?