Hyderabad sources reported that a 32 year old transgender activist who is contesting the Telangana assembly elections on a Left party ticket has gone missing, the police said. A "missing person" case has been filed. Accordingly Chandramukhi M is a candidate of the Bahujan Left Front, led by the CPM, on the Goshamahal seat in Hyderabad. Meanwhile her supporters say they went looking for her everywhere possible the entire day on Tuesday, but could not find her.
A police complaint filed by Chandramukhi's aides said “She has been unreachable and her mother has been in a state of extreme despair. She is feared to be kidnapped". Furthermore her main rivals on the Goshamahal seat are Congress leader Mukhesh Goud and BJP's T Raja Singh. Reportedly associated with the Telangana Hijra Intersex Transgender Samiti, Chandramukhi has actively participated in several rallies on seeking better facilities and treatment of the transgender community.
Her followers said she decided to contest the Telangana assembly election in order to help the transgender community. One of her supporters said "We fear for her safety and condemn the lack of safety measures organized for her and for other women and transgender candidates”. They also said Chandramukhi's campaign kicked off a day before she went missing.
#GautamGambhir joins BJP - says He is impressed by PM Modi's Vision Former Indian cricketer and opening batsman Gautam Gambhir, who had also captained Kolkata Knight Riders and Delhi Daredevil sin IPL has now joined Bharatiya Janata Party. With the elections nearing, both BJP and Congress are keen on roping in star candidates and recently former cricketer Jadeja's wife had joined BJP, and now Gambhir has joined.
- Pawan Kalyan's Accusations Worrying Pithapuram Sitting MLA
- Tough Fight In Rajahmundry City
- Fear of Failure for Chandra Babu Naidu
- A common man for YSRCP in Srikakulam
- #WorldWaterDay #SaveWater - Every drop counts
- Bengaluru, the cheapest Asian City!
- The big contest at Vizianagaram!
- KCR keeps TRS busy!
- List of TRS Candidates for Parliament
- Modi Ignores LK Advani Yet Again
- Mangalagiri.. Not easy for Lokesh
- Jet Airways Pilots urged PM to instruct Management for settling pending salaries
- List of BJP Candidates for Parliament
- Kamal Hassan's MNM Party will not indulge in horse trading in LS Polls
- Balayya achieved fame for his Violent Eccentricities than Social Work