According to sources Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Chinese President Xi Jinping will meet on the sidelines of a G20 meeting this week, aiming to build on a thaw in ties after a military standoff on their disputed border last year. Meanwhile the 3,500 km (2,200-mile) border between the nuclear armed neighbors has been calm since Modi and Xi held several hours of talks in the Chinese city of Wuhan in April, agreeing to prevent political disputes escalating into confrontation.
Previously their two armies will hold joint exercises in a bid to build trust after their 73 day face-off in a remote, high altitude stretch of the Himalayan border that stoked fears of war. Meanwhile Modi's meeting with Xi at the G20 summit in Argentina will be their fourth this year, Indian Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale said. "India's primary interest is exporting skimmed milk products and for China it is apples," one of the officials told Reuters on condition of anonymity due to the sensitive nature of the discussions.
Furthermore their bilateral trade reached $89.6 billion in 2017/18 with a deficit of $62.9 billion in China's favor. Moreover Indian officials said that China, locked in a trade dispute with the United States, has been more flexible than before with regard to the possible opening up of its markets to Indian pharmaceutical products and IT services.
Ravishankar firm on program plans! Art of living founder Sri Sri Ravishankar has said that with the help of court, an order will be obtained and his planned meditation program will be conducted in Thanjavur Periya Kovil temple itself. On behalf of art of living foundation it was planned to host meditation programs on Fridays and Saturdays on the premises of Thanjavur Periya Kovil itself.
- People against Jayalalitha's memorial!
- Jaipur Princess filed for Divorce
- Bengaluru boy uses Broomstick to beat his Mother
- Ramdas Athawale slapped by 30 old man at a public event in Maharashtra
- KTR openly claims that TRS would return to power with 100 seats
- Will Congress' talks with MIM give an edge?
- World Bank says remittance inflow to India last year was USD 68.9 billion
- Trump's Son in Law had private conversations with Saudi Crown Prince
- Vaiko warned as TN worst affected in India for Mekedatu Project
- Wedding celebrations of Isha Ambani as grand as expected
- Australian Shark trampled a surfer
- World's Largest Arabic Audio Libraries launched in Dubai
- Will Owl Bird create misfortune for Elections?
- Telangana polls reflected the paradox of perceptions of rural & urban voters
- Congress Spokesperson attacked Yogi Adithyanath