According to sources Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) has called for an all party meeting on Thursday to discuss the Mekedatu project which has been planned across the Cauvery River by the government of Karnataka. Meanwhile the notice read “In order to discuss about the permission granted by the BJP led central government to Karnataka to build a dam across river Cauvery in Mekedatu, which will affect the agriculture and drinking water supply to Tamilnadu, there will be an all party meeting on Thursday at around 10.30 am in Arivalayam”.
Reportedly in his letter to the PM, Edappadi Palaniswami requested him to direct the Central Water Commission to withdraw the permission given to Cauvery Neeravari Nigam Limited of Karnataka to prepare a Detailed Project Report (DPR) for the Mekedatu Balancing Reservoir cum Drinking Water Project.
Moreover Union Minister of State for Finance and Shipping Pon Radhakrishnan, too had earlier expressed his displeasure with the approval for the Mekedatu project due to its potential to adversely impact many people in Tamilnadu. Furthermore Tamilnadu’s stand was that the project would not only impede the water available to farmers in the state but it would also go against the mandate that the total quantity of water must be for consumptive use, as prescribed by the Cauvery Water Dispute Tribunal.
Student's answers with KGF, Baahubali references! A Kerala based student's answers to a question on Ramayanam and Mahabharata with references made to blockbuster movies like KGF, Baahubali and Pulimurugan has turned viral. The student's essay is extremely creative as it begins with the line it is better to cut the head of the one who doubts Sita's modesty and this is a reference to Baahubali 2 The conclusion, and in another line he calls Rama a gangster
- Seniors given voluntary retirement!
- Can Balayya get Muslim votes?
- Do Chandrababu Naidu have rights to YS Jagan as a Ganja Plant?
- AP Youngsters, Ladies in support of YS Jagan
- How many more wickets will fall in YSRC trap, to attack Pawan Kalyan?
- Will Ruling TDP Retain Power to finish Pending Works???
- Helicopter gives trouble YSRCP (FAN)!
- Will Pakistan face lot of economic problems because of India?
- Did CBN fulfill Poll Promises in 2014 Elections? : YS Jagan
- Will Kamal Hassan contest in LS Polls?
- History Maker: Nitin Shah - Managing Director, Nitin Group of Companies
- Pawan Kalyan - The Faded Power?
- Jagan Drops A Bomb on Nara Lokesh in Mangalagiri
- After 14 years this Coimbatore Govt School gets power supply
- Rajahmundry Becomes Tough for all Parties