According to sources Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) has called for an all party meeting on Thursday to discuss the Mekedatu project which has been planned across the Cauvery River by the government of Karnataka. Meanwhile the notice read “In order to discuss about the permission granted by the BJP led central government to Karnataka to build a dam across river Cauvery in Mekedatu, which will affect the agriculture and drinking water supply to Tamilnadu, there will be an all party meeting on Thursday at around 10.30 am in Arivalayam”.
Reportedly in his letter to the PM, Edappadi Palaniswami requested him to direct the Central Water Commission to withdraw the permission given to Cauvery Neeravari Nigam Limited of Karnataka to prepare a Detailed Project Report (DPR) for the Mekedatu Balancing Reservoir cum Drinking Water Project.
Moreover Union Minister of State for Finance and Shipping Pon Radhakrishnan, too had earlier expressed his displeasure with the approval for the Mekedatu project due to its potential to adversely impact many people in Tamilnadu. Furthermore Tamilnadu’s stand was that the project would not only impede the water available to farmers in the state but it would also go against the mandate that the total quantity of water must be for consumptive use, as prescribed by the Cauvery Water Dispute Tribunal.
Interpol issued RCN to Mehul Choksi New Delhi sources stated that an official said the Interpol has issued a red corner notice (RCN) against fugitive Indian diamentaire Mehul Choksi after a request from the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI). Accordingly Choksi, the Chairman of the Gitanjali Group who has taken refuge in Antigua, was one of the prime accused in the Rs 13,500 crore Punjab National Bank fraud along with his nephew Nirav Modi.
- Ambani spent 100 Crores for Isha Ambani's Wedding
- YSRCP Leaders made a complaint to EC preventing Fake Votes
- Employee comes in Ambulance to ask leave!
- Minister Vijayabhaskar expresses joy!
- Rahul gives an opportunity for BJP!
- BJP losing Urban seats Day by Day
- Malaysia Fantastic Deals Package launched for Indian Tourists
- KTR confident in winning Lok Sabha Polls by 2019
- Swiggy's Next Customer base is Students
- Will KCR replicate Rythu Bandhu Scheme across India?
- Celebrities across Globe attended Isha-Anand Royal Wedding
- KCR took oath as CM of Telangana for Second Time
- Bumper Airfare Fly to any place with Rs.999
- Single use plastic be banned in TN from January 1, 2019
- Know the Most Searched personality in Google 2018