Reportedly with maoist activities still prevalent and active on the Andhra-Odisha border, Andhra Pradesh DGP R.P Thakur has taken a measure that has become the talk among government officials. Meanwhile Araku MLA and Tribal Welfare minister of Andhra Pradesh Kidari Sravan Kumar has been provided Octopus security.
Furthermore Kidari, though the youngest minister in AP Cabinet, is the only one to have got such an elite security cover. Moreover Octopus (Organization for Counter Terrorist Operations) is an elite anti-terror group formed in 2007 and the OCTOPUS commandos are trained to handle highly sophisticated weaponry. Reportedly after his father Kidari Sarveswara Rao got killed his Maoists, there is intelligence information that Sravana’s life also has the Reds threat and hence, the security cover has been upgraded for him.
Moreover this is the first time that the AP Government has provided such an elite security force to guard a minister. As per report senior ministers and other leaders in the party are fretting at such a security upgrade for the young minister. However, the seniors and TDP leaders need understand the sensitivity of the situation in which Sravan was made an MLA and need to respect it.
Bhupesh Baghel to become Chattisgarh CM Bhupesh Baghel has been chosen as the Chief Minister of Chattisgarh. The congress party has made an official announcement on the same. In Chattisgarh, the Congress party has removed the 15 year long ruling by former Chief minister Raman Singh, by winning the elections, as they captured 68 constituencies out of the total 90. BJP had won in 15 seats, while Bahujan Samaj captured 2, and the rest won 5 seats.
- AP likely to be touched by Cyclone Phethai
- KTR gearing up for Gram Panchayat Polls
- Will Thoothukudi Sterlite be reopened?
- Owaisi challenges Chandrababu Naidu
- Will Janasena's Fortune be changed soon?
- Is Anushka Shetty ready to marry a Business Tycoon?
- Why Arogyasri Services comes to a halt in AP Hospital from Monday?
- Has Money played major role in Telangana Elections?
- KCRs risky decisions in times are fruitful
- Ranil Wickremesinghe takes oath as Sri Lanka's PM on Sunday
- Why Anushka Shetty missing away from limelight?
- IndiGo Flight from Mumbai to Lucknow grounded due to Bomb Threat
- IFF kick-started in Chennai
- Nepal Govt banned usage of Indian Currency Notes
- Banks be closed for 5 Days due to Merger