Accordingly Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who is campaigning for the BJP in Telangana ahead of the Assembly elections, has once again evoked Sardar Patel and said that Telangana wouldn't have been a reality if Sardar Patel did not free the erstwhile Hyderabad State from Nizam Rule. Meanwhile stating that Patel is the reason for India's unity, he said we can say "Bharat Maata ki Jai" in India only because of Patel.
Furthermore in case of the South, evoking sentiments of Sardar Patel or any other national figure does not work as regional leaders have dominated the political landscape in the South. Reportedly in a new state like Telangana, evoking leaders from the Telangana movement or from the region could have proved to be a huge plus point for the BJP but it has missed the opportunity.
Moreover additionally, Modi has also attacked Congress while going soft on regional parties in the states. While these remarks come at a time where non-NDA regional allies are coming together against the BJP to form an Alternative Front and further going by the BJP's election strategies for Telangana, it looks like the party needs to understand regional politics well and appeal to the locals on an issue based approach.
Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh Accordingly even as counting is still underway in the five states, the Congress has started sending overtures to form the government in Rajasthan and the party is leading in the state and its Rajasthan chief Sachin Pilot has said that he is in contact with "like-minded" people. Reportedly the party has taken a big lead in Chhattisgarh and Rajasthan, but is engaged in a close contest with the BJP in Madhya Pradesh.
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes
- Top House Democrats raised prospect of impeachment for Trump
- SC dismissed PIL challenging dissolution of J&K Assembly by Governor Satya Pal Malik
- Which Party will win Higher Percentage in Telangana?