Chennai sources stated that heavy discounts offered on the e-commerce channels hit the offline sales of consumer durables and large appliances during the festive season. Meanwhile consumer durable clocked 57% growth on the online platform, the category as such fell flat in terms of growth during the festive season.
Kamal Nandi, business head and EVP, Godrej Appliances, and vice-president, CEAMA “E-commerce platforms account for just 5 to 10% of the entire consumer durable sales. But the discounts that were offered on the e-commerce platforms disrupted the entire category. Customers were not happy with the discounts available in retail shops, where both sales and margins of retail shops, which account for around 95% of our sales, were hit by the e-commerce sales”.
Moreover there were a few brands, which made exclusive launches on e-commerce platforms during the festive sales. Xiaomi and Sanyo were two such channels, which launched their TVs exclusively for online buyers. By exclusively selling online, they could save cost and pass on the benefits to the customers. Nandi added higher crude oil prices increased the cost of transportation, while volatility in the equity market and food inflation also affected sales for the industry for the entire year.
Ravishankar firm on program plans! Art of living founder Sri Sri Ravishankar has said that with the help of court, an order will be obtained and his planned meditation program will be conducted in Thanjavur Periya Kovil temple itself. On behalf of art of living foundation it was planned to host meditation programs on Fridays and Saturdays on the premises of Thanjavur Periya Kovil itself.
- People against Jayalalitha's memorial!
- Jaipur Princess filed for Divorce
- Bengaluru boy uses Broomstick to beat his Mother
- Ramdas Athawale slapped by 30 old man at a public event in Maharashtra
- KTR openly claims that TRS would return to power with 100 seats
- Will Congress' talks with MIM give an edge?
- World Bank says remittance inflow to India last year was USD 68.9 billion
- Trump's Son in Law had private conversations with Saudi Crown Prince
- Vaiko warned as TN worst affected in India for Mekedatu Project
- Wedding celebrations of Isha Ambani as grand as expected
- Australian Shark trampled a surfer
- World's Largest Arabic Audio Libraries launched in Dubai
- Will Owl Bird create misfortune for Elections?
- Telangana polls reflected the paradox of perceptions of rural & urban voters
- Congress Spokesperson attacked Yogi Adithyanath