Hyderabad sources reported that Hyderabad Metro Rail on Thursday commenced its first trial run on the Ameerpet-Hitec City stretch, coinciding with the one year anniversary of the project. HMRL MD NVS Reddy and L&TMRHL MD KVB Reddy, along with Metro officials traveled on the stretch which is part of Corridor 3 and made several observations.
Meanwhile in a press note, the HMRL said that the 10 km stretch between Ameerpet and Hitec City had eight stations namely Madhura Nagar, Yousufguda, Jubilee Hills Road No.5, Jubilee Hills Check Post, Peddammagudi, Madhapur, Durgam Cheruvu and Hitec City. Reportedly the HMRL also said that the engineering and architectural aspect of the Corridor was challenging as there were sharp curvatures and steep climbs. Furthermore the organization also pointed out to the court cases that have been filed against acquisition of properties for the project.
Presently the HMRL is aiming to throw open the corridor to commuters by the end of this year. Moreover with the 46 km length operational, the Hyderabad Metro became India's second largest metro rail network after Delhi. As per report this largest metro project in the world in Public Private Partnership (PPP) mode was conceived way back in 2007, but took a decade to be thrown open to the public and the works related to Corridor-II between JBS and MGBS are expected to finish early next year.
Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh Accordingly even as counting is still underway in the five states, the Congress has started sending overtures to form the government in Rajasthan and the party is leading in the state and its Rajasthan chief Sachin Pilot has said that he is in contact with "like-minded" people. Reportedly the party has taken a big lead in Chhattisgarh and Rajasthan, but is engaged in a close contest with the BJP in Madhya Pradesh.
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes
- Top House Democrats raised prospect of impeachment for Trump
- SC dismissed PIL challenging dissolution of J&K Assembly by Governor Satya Pal Malik
- Which Party will win Higher Percentage in Telangana?