According to sources the new Rs 2000, Rs 500 notes issued during 2016 are becoming unusable due to its poor quality as compared to the old notes, as published in some reports. Meanwhile if the currency notes are used extensively, folded and soiled they become unusable either in banks or ATMs or for any other transactions and the sensors inside the ATM machine won’t detect them.
Furthermore same would be the case with the new RS 200, 50 and 10 Rs notes which were issued in 2018. The report said the banks have started categorization of these notes under 'non-issuable' category. Meanwhile banks categorize notes under 'non-issuable' category when the currency can't be used in ATMs or be accepted, exchanged by the public. Further according to the RBI circular, RBI/2018-19/3 DCM (NE) No.G-2/08.07.18/2018-19 it has sought to mitigate the hardships faced by the public with regard to soiled notes and help public in genuine cases.
Moreover currency notes in India have been used roughly, folded soiled and written upon because of low awareness on upkeep safety and usage of notes. Reportedly this has been a practice since a long time and the RBI has time and again educated the public at large on how to keep currency notes carefully.
Top House Democrats raised prospect of impeachment for Trump Washington sources reported that Top House Democrats on Sunday raised the prospect of impeachment or almost-certain prison time for President Donald Trump if it’s proved that he directed illegal hush money payments to women, adding to the legal pressure on the president over the Russia investigation and other scandals.
- SC dismissed PIL challenging dissolution of J&K Assembly by Governor Satya Pal Malik
- Which Party will win Higher Percentage in Telangana?
- Strange case of a damaging goat!
- H Raja again in controversy!
- Ravishankar firm on program plans!
- People against Jayalalitha's memorial!
- Jaipur Princess filed for Divorce
- Bengaluru boy uses Broomstick to beat his Mother
- Ramdas Athawale slapped by 30 old man at a public event in Maharashtra
- KTR openly claims that TRS would return to power with 100 seats
- Will Congress' talks with MIM give an edge?
- World Bank says remittance inflow to India last year was USD 68.9 billion
- Trump's Son in Law had private conversations with Saudi Crown Prince
- Vaiko warned as TN worst affected in India for Mekedatu Project
- Wedding celebrations of Isha Ambani as grand as expected