Chennai sources stated that Software giant Microsoft has offered as many as 25 offers to students from IIT Madras on day 1 of the placement season. Accordingly Apple and Goldman Sachs are other major recruiters with eight and seven offers respectively on the first session. Meanwhile the placement season at IITs began on Saturday.
Furthermore during the first session, 19 top companies including Apple and Google gave 85 offers including 6 international offers to the students from top engineering institute in the country. Meanwhile the top three global consulting majors McKinsey, The Boston Consulting Group and Bain & Co. have participated in the first session and accounted for 13 offers. Earlier Isro and ONGC have recruited 7 candidates from IIT Madras taking the total offers to 92 in the first session which was held from 7 am to 2 pm on Saturday.
Reportedly Professor Manu Santhanam, advisor, Training and Placement, IIT Madras said that finance and analytics sector also gave a high number of offers on the first session with 29 offers received from these companies. Moreover more than 1,300 students are registered for placement this year from IIT Madras and over 326 companies have expressed interest to recruit the students. Reports added Alekhya Reddy from Computer Science and Engineering Department got selected for Redmond campus of Microsoft in the US and expressed a sense of satisfaction after attending interviews of software giants and answering nerve-wracking coding questions.
Events at Karunanidhi Statue opening! Yesterday, the late former DMK Chief M Karunanidhi's statue was unveiled at the Anna Arivalayam in Chennai, and besides, the already installed statue of Anna was also renovated. Congress senior leader Sonia Gandhi had arrived to the event and inaugurated the statue, and the event was graced by the Chief Ministers of three states, Chandrababu Naidu, Pinarayi Vijayan and Narayanasamy.
- Bhupesh Baghel to become Chattisgarh CM
- AP likely to be touched by Cyclone Phethai
- KTR gearing up for Gram Panchayat Polls
- Will Thoothukudi Sterlite be reopened?
- Owaisi challenges Chandrababu Naidu
- Will Janasena's Fortune be changed soon?
- Is Anushka Shetty ready to marry a Business Tycoon?
- Why Arogyasri Services comes to a halt in AP Hospital from Monday?
- Has Money played major role in Telangana Elections?
- KCRs risky decisions in times are fruitful
- Ranil Wickremesinghe takes oath as Sri Lanka's PM on Sunday
- Why Anushka Shetty missing away from limelight?
- IndiGo Flight from Mumbai to Lucknow grounded due to Bomb Threat
- IFF kick-started in Chennai
- Nepal Govt banned usage of Indian Currency Notes