According to sources in light of rising commuter demand for the metro, authorities are now positively thinking of gradually starting an early service at 7 am on Sundays too. Meanwhile Ajay Seth, Managing Director of Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation told TNM, “We are not in a position to announce a date, but within a few months, we will be able to start operations from 7 am without changing our maintenance schedule, keeping in mind the expectations of commuters. We are also looking at making the last train for all lines to leave the Kempegowda Interchange at 12 midnight too.”
Furthermore he said that they are also working on a 6 am schedule for Sundays. He said “We will have to have larger change in plans but we will work on that, holding meetings between different departments”. Further the BMRCL MD also said that increased crowding in the metro compartments especially by women in peak hours will soon be a thing of the past.
Seth said “Right now we have reservation for women commuters for the first two gates for three-car trains and the first compartment itself for six-car trains, but in the next two-three months, it will be a non-issue, as we will be adding six-coach trains at an increased frequency”. Moreover phase 1 of the metro runs a service of 42 km in the city with the Green Line between Nagasandra and Yelachenahalli spanning 24.22 km, and the Purple Line between Byappanahalli and Mysuru Road running 18.08 km.
Polypropylene Bags exempted for Plastic Ban in Tamilnadu As per report with just two weeks to go for the plastic ban in Tamilnadu to come into effect, a group of manufacturers have approached the Madras High Court, seeking an exemption for polypropylene bags. Meanwhile a division bench of Justice M M Sundresh and Justice Krishnan Ramasamy sought a reply from the Tamilnadu government on Monday. Reportedly a batch of petitions has been moved by polypropylene bag manufacturers, including the Tirupur based E Bags Export.
- Authentication through Aadhaar permissible for mobile phone SIM cards & Banking purposes
- Will Rahul Gandhi stand for PM candidate against Modi?
- Rahul Gandhi as PM proposal kicked up storm
- City in Northern China banned Christmas sales & decorations to keep city clean
- Flight operations disrupted due to Cyclone Phethai in Coastal AP
- Court notices to Ratan Tata in a defamation complaint by Wadia Chairman
- Philippines bags Miss Universe 2018 Crown
- Pawan is becoming a sample for social media trollers
- Russian President Putin's calendar sales in Japan in peak
- KCR planning something big against Naidu politically
- Despite promises, the intention to arrest Mallya!
- Orange alert for Andhra and Pondy!
- Rahul Gandhi, the PM Candidate!
- 50 Trains cancelled in Coastal AP due to Cyclone Phethai
- Tropical cyclone off the Coast in Australia