According to sources in light of rising commuter demand for the metro, authorities are now positively thinking of gradually starting an early service at 7 am on Sundays too. Meanwhile Ajay Seth, Managing Director of Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation told TNM, “We are not in a position to announce a date, but within a few months, we will be able to start operations from 7 am without changing our maintenance schedule, keeping in mind the expectations of commuters. We are also looking at making the last train for all lines to leave the Kempegowda Interchange at 12 midnight too.”
Furthermore he said that they are also working on a 6 am schedule for Sundays. He said “We will have to have larger change in plans but we will work on that, holding meetings between different departments”. Further the BMRCL MD also said that increased crowding in the metro compartments especially by women in peak hours will soon be a thing of the past.
Seth said “Right now we have reservation for women commuters for the first two gates for three-car trains and the first compartment itself for six-car trains, but in the next two-three months, it will be a non-issue, as we will be adding six-coach trains at an increased frequency”. Moreover phase 1 of the metro runs a service of 42 km in the city with the Green Line between Nagasandra and Yelachenahalli spanning 24.22 km, and the Purple Line between Byappanahalli and Mysuru Road running 18.08 km.
Bhimavaram & Gajuwaka best bets for Pawan Kalyan by partys General Body Accordingly Jana Sena Party Chief Pawan Kalyan will be contesting two seats in his first ever time in the election fray. Meanwhile in the upcoming Assembly Elections in Andhra Pradesh, Pawan will contest from Bhimavaram in West Godavari and from the Gajuwaka constituency in Visakhapatnam.
- Nagababu Joins Party, Janasena Becomes Another Family Pack
- RTO attacked by actor's friend!
- Goa gets a new head!
- PM Modi likely to interact with Public about 'Main Bhi Chowkidar' by March 31
- Election Battle: Parties Cooking Strategies for Victory In Godavari
- Curious Case of Uttarandhra in 2019 Polls
- Chandra Babu Facing Huge Pressure
- DK Aruna Jumps into BJP
- Jagan Pinned Hopes On His Family
- Decoding Pawan Kalyan's Strategy For Assembly Elections
- Will Goa CM Pramod Sawant win Floor test by Wednesday?
- Curiosity Around Bheemili Constituency
- Popular Rayalaseema Reddy Back to Basics!
- Key accused in Pollachi sexual abuse Case sent to judicial remand
- Flash floods & Mud slides increased death toll in Indonesia