Hyderabad sources reported that Muslim votes in Telangana are likely to be split between the ruling Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) and the opposition Congress led People's Front as the two major contenders for power have intensified their efforts to woo the minority community. Meanwhile with a huge concentration of Muslim voters in state capital Hyderabad and some other districts, they are in a position to tilt the balance in nearly half of the 119 Assembly constituencies going to polls on December 7.
Furthermore the role of Muslims, who constitute over 12 percent of the state's 3.51 crore population, may become crucial in what appears to be a straight fight between the TRS and the People's Front that has the Telugu Desam Party (TDP), the Communist Party of India (CPI) and Telangana Jana Samithi (TJS) as its other constituents. Accordingly MIM, which has its stronghold in the Muslim majority old city, is also contesting another seat.
Moreover MIM president and Hyderabad MP Asaduddin Owaisi have been addressing election rallies in some constituencies outside Hyderabad to campaign for the TRS. Reportedly prominent among the Muslim candidates is MIM leader Akbaruddin Owaisi, who is seeking a fifth consecutive term from Chandrayangutta and the senior Congress leader and former minister Mohammed Ali Shabbir is contesting from Kamareddy constituency.
Chandrababu's Sweet Revenge on KCR It's already known that chaos has been created in Telangana due to the mistakes in the Intermediate results which were released a few days ago. After initial days of neglect, Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao pressed himself to take remedial measures.
- Man arrested having sex with corpses!
- Three Films Ready for Pawan Kalyan's Second Innings
- After Jagan, Chandrababu Goes on A Holiday
- Politician's Daughter-in-law kills husband!
- This election will see the end of Namo Namo chant: Mayawati
- ACB Court To Start Trial in Chandrababu Illegal Assets Case
- ED freezes Karunanidhi grandson assets!
- Tik Tok ban lifted by the court and soon Profane videos are getting uploaded
- If PM Modi returns to power, Rahul Gandhi is responsible: Kejriwal
- Mamata Banerjee slams PM Modi
- Hyderabad Police in search for missing bus from Central Bus Stand
- Dubai based NRI aids for running Jet Airways again
- Can KTR balance his Family & Politics?
- Local Paper predicts shock to YSRCP in Nellore!
- Andhra guy arrested for making Tiktok Video on KCR