According to sources Election Commissioner Sunil Arora on Sunday assumed charge as the 23rd Chief Election Commissioner (CEC), a day after O.P. Rawat demitted the office, and sought support from "all the stakeholders" for conducting the 2019 Lok Sabha polls. Earlier President Ram Nath Kovind had on November 27 appointed Arora in the post.
He said “He have already remained in New Delhi as an Election Commissioner for a little over a year. It is with utmost humility and an enormous sense of responsibility that he has just taken over as Chief Election Commissioner". "All he can say at this stage is that all of us in the Commission shall continue to put our best foot forward to meet the expectation of all the stakeholders’ strictly in consonance and in conformity with the vision and ideals of the Constitution."
Moreover Arora retired on April 30, 2016 as Secretary, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting. In 36 years of his service, he held various crucial positions in the Rajasthan and central governments. Furthermore he served in several key positions including Secretary in the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, as Chairman and Managing Director of the then Indian Airlines between 2002 to 2005, member of Board of Directors of Air India, Airport Authority of India Ltd and National Skill Development Corp.
Will Pakistan face lot of economic problems because of India? Islamabad sources stated that there was no room for "jihadi outfits and jihadi culture" in Pakistan, Prime Minister Imran Khan has said amidst intense global pressure on his government to rein in the terrorist outfits operating from its soil after the Pulwama attack. Recently tensions between India and Pakistan escalated after a suicide bomber of Pakistan based terror group Jaish-e-Mohammed
- Did CBN fulfill Poll Promises in 2014 Elections? : YS Jagan
- Will Kamal Hassan contest in LS Polls?
- History Maker: Nitin Shah - Managing Director, Nitin Group of Companies
- Pawan Kalyan - The Faded Power?
- Jagan Drops A Bomb on Nara Lokesh in Mangalagiri
- After 14 years this Coimbatore Govt School gets power supply
- Rajahmundry Becomes Tough for all Parties
- Balayogi Son's Sudden Entry Shocks All
- TDP Candidate's Nomination Likely To Be Rejected?
- Kakinada Turns Crucial for 2019 Polls
- YS Jagan delivers aggressive speech against CBN & Pawan
- Censor Board Clears Lakshmi's NTR, Releasing on 29th March
- If you are Voting for Pawan Kalyan's Janasena, it means you are supporting TDP
- Tamilnadu PMK Leader Anbumani Assets worth revealed
- What will happen if you vote for NOTA? Can it affect election results if NOTA gets a majority?