Accordingly After a section of social media users cracked down on the use of firecrackers at the wedding celebrations of Bollywood star Priyanka Chopra and American singer Nick Jonas in Jodhpur, animal rights organization PETA has raised a concern about the use of a horse and elephant at their nuptials. PETA India posted on Twitter on Monday "Dear Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas. Elephants for weddings live in chains and horses are controlled with whips, spiked bits. People are rejecting elephant rides and having horse-free weddings. Congrats, but we regret it was not a happy day for animals".
Meanwhile according to PETA India CEO Manilal Valliyate, "Priyanka has been ill served by not being advised of the firestorm that would be caused by participating in animal abuse". Valliyate said in a statement "It doesn't make a person look big or glamorous to promote cruelty to animals who has no choice but to serve as it makes them look small. Overwhelmingly, these days PETA is delighted to see so many celebrities feel passionately about protecting animals”.
Moreover Priyanka and Nick had a three day wedding extravaganza, complete with a colorful mehendi gala, a friendly cricket match, a sangeet function and two weddings following each of their customs, at Jodhpur's Umaid Bhawan Palace and the celebrations were attended by close family and friends.
Polypropylene Bags exempted for Plastic Ban in Tamilnadu As per report with just two weeks to go for the plastic ban in Tamilnadu to come into effect, a group of manufacturers have approached the Madras High Court, seeking an exemption for polypropylene bags. Meanwhile a division bench of Justice M M Sundresh and Justice Krishnan Ramasamy sought a reply from the Tamilnadu government on Monday. Reportedly a batch of petitions has been moved by polypropylene bag manufacturers, including the Tirupur based E Bags Export.
- Authentication through Aadhaar permissible for mobile phone SIM cards & Banking purposes
- Will Rahul Gandhi stand for PM candidate against Modi?
- Rahul Gandhi as PM proposal kicked up storm
- City in Northern China banned Christmas sales & decorations to keep city clean
- Flight operations disrupted due to Cyclone Phethai in Coastal AP
- Court notices to Ratan Tata in a defamation complaint by Wadia Chairman
- Philippines bags Miss Universe 2018 Crown
- Pawan is becoming a sample for social media trollers
- Russian President Putin's calendar sales in Japan in peak
- KCR planning something big against Naidu politically
- Despite promises, the intention to arrest Mallya!
- Orange alert for Andhra and Pondy!
- Rahul Gandhi, the PM Candidate!
- 50 Trains cancelled in Coastal AP due to Cyclone Phethai
- Tropical cyclone off the Coast in Australia