According to sources FMCG major Hindustan Unilever on Monday said it will merge GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Ltd with itself for an all equity transaction worth Rs 31,700 crore. Meanwhile the deal would bring the brand of Horlicks, a malted milk, in Hindustan Unilever's portfolio. Furthermore a regulatory filing by Hindustan Unilever said as per the deal, GSK Consumer's shareholders would get 4.39 shares of Hindustan Unilever's shares for each share they held in GSK consumer Healthcare.
Reportedly the merger with HUL values the total business of GSK Consumer Healthcare at Rs 31,700 crore. Moreover Sanjiv Mehta, Chairman and Managing Director, Hindustan Unilever said "We will drive significant cost synergies from a combination of supply chain efficiencies and operational improvements, go to market and distribution network optimization, scale in a number of cost areas such as marketing and streamlining of overlapping infrastructure."
Moreover the merger includes the totality of operations within GSK Consumer Healthcare India, including a consignment selling contract to distribute GSK CH India's Over the Counter and oral health products in India and merger lifted the stock price of both the companies and the shares of Hindustan Unilever closed at Rs 1,825.90 apiece, up Rs 72.30 or 4.12% from the previous close.
Top mentioned Telangana Candidates in Twitter According to sources as per the Tweet Volume, there were more than 70 lakh Tweets between October 1 and December 12 and it will continue to rise till the swearing- in ceremonies of the all the five state Chief Ministers are complete. Meanwhile with respect to the Telangana Elections 2018, the hashtag #TelanganaElections2018 was used and the top mentioned candidates were TRS supreme and Telangana
- Cyclonic Storm prevails over AP & North Tamilnadu
- Interpol issued RCN to Mehul Choksi
- Ambani spent 100 Crores for Isha Ambani's Wedding
- YSRCP Leaders made a complaint to EC preventing Fake Votes
- Employee comes in Ambulance to ask leave!
- Minister Vijayabhaskar expresses joy!
- Rahul gives an opportunity for BJP!
- BJP losing Urban seats Day by Day
- Malaysia Fantastic Deals Package launched for Indian Tourists
- KTR confident in winning Lok Sabha Polls by 2019
- Swiggy's Next Customer base is Students
- Will KCR replicate Rythu Bandhu Scheme across India?
- Celebrities across Globe attended Isha-Anand Royal Wedding
- KCR took oath as CM of Telangana for Second Time
- Bumper Airfare Fly to any place with Rs.999