According to sources School Education minister, K.A. Sengottaiyan, indicated on Monday that half yearly exams in government schools in the cyclone 'Gaja' devastated districts of Tamilnadu may be postponed. Even though the School Education department was of the view that postponing the exams in those affected districts “involves difficulties”, the government is still considering the possibility, he said, speaking to reporters on the sidelines of a function to distribute free bicycles to children of various higher secondary schools near Gobichettipalayam in Erode.
Furthermore he said in the new syllabi for history text books, there have been some complaints that the achievements of erstwhile British rulers have found disproportionately larger space. Meanwhile Sengottaiyan asserted that the history of all national leaders and their sacrifices during the freedom struggle have been well covered and if there was any specific complaint regarding any national leader having been left out, Government will take corrective steps.
As per report it was stated that in defective bicycles having been distributed to students at a government function in Tindivanam, he said government will take action to remedy the situation.
Cyclonic Storm prevails over AP & North Tamilnadu According to sources the IMD stated the deep depression over south Bay of Bengal is likely to intensify into a cyclonic storm over the next 24 hours. Meanwhile the cyclonic storm is expected to move towards Andhra Pradesh and adjoining north Tamilnadu coast over the next 72 hours and the regions could witness heavy to very heavy rainfall.
- Interpol issued RCN to Mehul Choksi
- Ambani spent 100 Crores for Isha Ambani's Wedding
- YSRCP Leaders made a complaint to EC preventing Fake Votes
- Employee comes in Ambulance to ask leave!
- Minister Vijayabhaskar expresses joy!
- Rahul gives an opportunity for BJP!
- BJP losing Urban seats Day by Day
- Malaysia Fantastic Deals Package launched for Indian Tourists
- KTR confident in winning Lok Sabha Polls by 2019
- Swiggy's Next Customer base is Students
- Will KCR replicate Rythu Bandhu Scheme across India?
- Celebrities across Globe attended Isha-Anand Royal Wedding
- KCR took oath as CM of Telangana for Second Time
- Bumper Airfare Fly to any place with Rs.999
- Single use plastic be banned in TN from January 1, 2019