According to sources the Kerala High Court appointed a 3 member monitoring committee on Monday which visited Pamba and the base camp of Nilakkal to check the facilities available for pilgrims who come to the Sabarimala temple. Meanwhile the committee, consisting of Justice S Sirijagan (retd.), Justice PR Raman (retd.) and Hemachandran IPS, visited the site on Monday evening. DGP Hemachandran IPS who visited the site on Monday said that a false campaign was going on to portray the temple and its surroundings as a place with no facilities and he also asked the media to show the real picture.
However, he noted that more facilities should be given to the police officers who were deployed here to ensure that no violence or protests break out near the temple. Furthermore the members will visit the Sabarimala Sannidhanam on Tuesday and conduct discussions with various departments including the Travancore Devaswom Board which takes care of the temple.
Moreover the state government has moved the apex court asking for the pending HC cases related to Sabarimala to be transferred to the Supreme Court. Further the government also moved the SC against the appointment of the 3 member panel to inspect Sabarimala. In the government petition, it said that the High Court’s rulings were going against the spirit of the constitutional bench’s judgment.
Authentication through Aadhaar permissible for mobile phone SIM cards & Banking purposes According to sources cabinet gives nod to amend Aadhaar laws and UIDAI now voluntary for phone, banking verifications. Meanwhile the Union Cabinet on Monday gave its approval to amend two existing Aadhaar laws giving preference to the people to voluntarily share the biometric identity card while obtaining new mobile phone connections and opening of bank accounts.
- Will Rahul Gandhi stand for PM candidate against Modi?
- Rahul Gandhi as PM proposal kicked up storm
- City in Northern China banned Christmas sales & decorations to keep city clean
- Flight operations disrupted due to Cyclone Phethai in Coastal AP
- Court notices to Ratan Tata in a defamation complaint by Wadia Chairman
- Philippines bags Miss Universe 2018 Crown
- Pawan is becoming a sample for social media trollers
- Russian President Putin's calendar sales in Japan in peak
- KCR planning something big against Naidu politically
- Despite promises, the intention to arrest Mallya!
- Orange alert for Andhra and Pondy!
- Rahul Gandhi, the PM Candidate!
- 50 Trains cancelled in Coastal AP due to Cyclone Phethai
- Tropical cyclone off the Coast in Australia
- KTR becomes TRS Working President