Accordingly the Charminar assembly constituency in the undivided Hyderabad district was home to the MIM party since 1967, winning the seat for a record 11 times. Meanwhile current MIM president Asaduddin Owaisi was for the first time in 1994 elected as an MLA from the constituency. His father and party founder, Sultan Salahuddin Owaisi represented the constituency several times.
Reports added the party's Ahmed Bin Pasha Quadri represented the Charminar constituency since 1999, however, the party decided to swap his constituency with former Yakutpura MLA Mumtaz Ahmed Khan for the upcoming elections. Furthermore although the 2,00,414 strong electorate will in all likelihood re-elect the MIM despite change in candidate, the Congress hopes to gain a hold of the constituency, where the TDP candidates in the past consistently secured 20,000 to 30,000 in the last four elections.
Moreover with the Congress ranged against the MIM and Owaisi throwing his weight behind the TRS, it unlikely that the Mahakutami would make any dent in the voter base of the AIMIM. Hence on the other side, the ruling TRS party fielded Mohammed Salahuddin Lodi against Mumtaz Khan for a friendly contest. BJP's T Umamhendra and BLF's Shaik Ismail will test their luck on December 7.
Will Pakistan face lot of economic problems because of India? Islamabad sources stated that there was no room for "jihadi outfits and jihadi culture" in Pakistan, Prime Minister Imran Khan has said amidst intense global pressure on his government to rein in the terrorist outfits operating from its soil after the Pulwama attack. Recently tensions between India and Pakistan escalated after a suicide bomber of Pakistan based terror group Jaish-e-Mohammed
- Did CBN fulfill Poll Promises in 2014 Elections? : YS Jagan
- Will Kamal Hassan contest in LS Polls?
- History Maker: Nitin Shah - Managing Director, Nitin Group of Companies
- Pawan Kalyan - The Faded Power?
- Jagan Drops A Bomb on Nara Lokesh in Mangalagiri
- After 14 years this Coimbatore Govt School gets power supply
- Rajahmundry Becomes Tough for all Parties
- Balayogi Son's Sudden Entry Shocks All
- TDP Candidate's Nomination Likely To Be Rejected?
- Kakinada Turns Crucial for 2019 Polls
- YS Jagan delivers aggressive speech against CBN & Pawan
- Censor Board Clears Lakshmi's NTR, Releasing on 29th March
- If you are Voting for Pawan Kalyan's Janasena, it means you are supporting TDP
- Tamilnadu PMK Leader Anbumani Assets worth revealed
- What will happen if you vote for NOTA? Can it affect election results if NOTA gets a majority?