Social activist Traffic Ramasamy had last year filed a case demanding that it must be made mandatory for any drivers riding any vehicles on road to carry the original driving licenses with them. He has also mentioned in his petition that it was becoming tough for policemen to take action on those not possessing original license and even though it was possible to cancel licenses of those who are committing same crime thrice, it was becoming impossible as none actually carry original license.
This case has come to hearing today before bench of Vinith Kothari and Anita Sumanth and during this, advocate of lorry owners association said government passed a new rule on November 19.
As per that drivers must carry either originals or digital copy of license and the court also aligned with government order to dismiss the case mandating carrying of original driving licenses by all drivers.
Authentication through Aadhaar permissible for mobile phone SIM cards & Banking purposes According to sources cabinet gives nod to amend Aadhaar laws and UIDAI now voluntary for phone, banking verifications. Meanwhile the Union Cabinet on Monday gave its approval to amend two existing Aadhaar laws giving preference to the people to voluntarily share the biometric identity card while obtaining new mobile phone connections and opening of bank accounts.
- Will Rahul Gandhi stand for PM candidate against Modi?
- Rahul Gandhi as PM proposal kicked up storm
- City in Northern China banned Christmas sales & decorations to keep city clean
- Flight operations disrupted due to Cyclone Phethai in Coastal AP
- Court notices to Ratan Tata in a defamation complaint by Wadia Chairman
- Philippines bags Miss Universe 2018 Crown
- Pawan is becoming a sample for social media trollers
- Russian President Putin's calendar sales in Japan in peak
- KCR planning something big against Naidu politically
- Despite promises, the intention to arrest Mallya!
- Orange alert for Andhra and Pondy!
- Rahul Gandhi, the PM Candidate!
- 50 Trains cancelled in Coastal AP due to Cyclone Phethai
- Tropical cyclone off the Coast in Australia
- KTR becomes TRS Working President