Chennai sources stated that Tamilnadu Legislative Assembly will meet on December 6 to discuss about the crisis emerging out of the neighboring Karnataka’s adamant stand in proceeding with the Mekedatu project, and in the backdrop of the Central Water Commission (CWC) giving its nod for preparing a Detailed Project Report (DPR) for the project across the Cauvery River. Meanwhile it is expected that a unanimous resolution would be passed in the Assembly against Karnataka demanding that the dam should not be allowed.
Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami had on Nov. 27 written to Prime Minister Narendra Modi urging him to withdraw the permission granted for preparing the DPR for the balancing reservoir cum drinking water project at Mekedatu but also to increase the extent of irrigation, which is in clear violation of the Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal Award as affirmed by the Supreme Court, the CM had contended.
Moreover Union Minister of State for Finance and Shipping Pon Radhakrishnan lashed out at the opposition parties in TN, saying they were overreacting. “There is no need for the DMK to hold a meeting on Mekedatu in Tiruchy. Meanwhile when speaking to reporters in Coimbatore on Tuesday, Mr. Radhakrishnan said the Centre had given approval only to prepare a DPR but not for construction of the dam and urged Karnataka, to go ahead with the preparation of DPR for the Mekedatu project.
Minister Vijayabhaskar expresses joy! Minister Vijayabhaskar has expressed his happiness stating that just like he guessed, the Amma Makkal Munnetra Katchi camp is dismantling itself. He said that the continuous calls from leaders of AIADMK including chief minister Edappadi Palanisamy to call the members of Amma Makkal munnetra Katchi who split from ADMK can come and join back with the mother party is paying rich dividends.
- Rahul gives an opportunity for BJP!
- BJP losing Urban seats Day by Day
- Malaysia Fantastic Deals Package launched for Indian Tourists
- KTR confident in winning Lok Sabha Polls by 2019
- Swiggy's Next Customer base is Students
- Will KCR replicate Rythu Bandhu Scheme across India?
- Celebrities across Globe attended Isha-Anand Royal Wedding
- KCR took oath as CM of Telangana for Second Time
- Bumper Airfare Fly to any place with Rs.999
- Single use plastic be banned in TN from January 1, 2019
- Know the Most Searched personality in Google 2018
- People of Telangana & Hyderabad rejected politics of Cong & BJP: Owaisi
- 102 year old skydiver did it for helping many
- Internal conflicts arising in BJP?
- BJP twist in Madhya Pradesh!