Chennai sources stated that Tamilnadu Legislative Assembly will meet on December 6 to discuss about the crisis emerging out of the neighboring Karnataka’s adamant stand in proceeding with the Mekedatu project, and in the backdrop of the Central Water Commission (CWC) giving its nod for preparing a Detailed Project Report (DPR) for the project across the Cauvery River. Meanwhile it is expected that a unanimous resolution would be passed in the Assembly against Karnataka demanding that the dam should not be allowed.
Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami had on Nov. 27 written to Prime Minister Narendra Modi urging him to withdraw the permission granted for preparing the DPR for the balancing reservoir cum drinking water project at Mekedatu but also to increase the extent of irrigation, which is in clear violation of the Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal Award as affirmed by the Supreme Court, the CM had contended.
Moreover Union Minister of State for Finance and Shipping Pon Radhakrishnan lashed out at the opposition parties in TN, saying they were overreacting. “There is no need for the DMK to hold a meeting on Mekedatu in Tiruchy. Meanwhile when speaking to reporters in Coimbatore on Tuesday, Mr. Radhakrishnan said the Centre had given approval only to prepare a DPR but not for construction of the dam and urged Karnataka, to go ahead with the preparation of DPR for the Mekedatu project.
Lokesh took risk where as Pavan played safe game! Lokesh and Pavan Kalyan made their political debut and test their luck by contesting to Assembly. Lokesh has decided to contest from Mangalagiri where as Pavan Kalyan shows his intention to contest from Bhimavaram and Gajuwaka Assembly segments.
- Kanna will be the candidate of Vizag MP?
- What is Roja's Condition in Nagari This Time?
- TDP's Efforts To Prevent YSRCP Hindupur MP Nomination Foiled
- CM Chandrababu is Criminal Minister: Jagan
- Why former Indian Cricketer Azharuddin denied MP ticket?
- YS Jagan Mohan Reddy lashed out at Chandrababu Naidu for delay in Polavaram Project
- Bhimavaram & Gajuwaka best bets for Pawan Kalyan by partys General Body
- Nagababu Joins Party, Janasena Becomes Another Family Pack