Chennai sources reported that the Tamilnadu government has challenged the Madras High Court order appointing Inspector General of Police Pon Manickavel as Special Officer of the Idol Wing on the day of his superannuation on Nov. 30. As per report the state government has opposed the court quashing the government order (GO), which transferred all cases of the Idol Wing Police to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
Meanwhile in a Special Leave Petition filed before the apex court on Tuesday, the government vehemently opposed the extension granted to Mr. Manickavel. Reportedly in his role as chief of the Idol Wing for six years, the IG had made some high profile arrests of idol smugglers such as Subash Kapoor and Deenadayalan besides recovered hundreds of idols.
Moreover in most cases, the temple authorities could not identify the idols that were stolen from their temples. Further the department was left rattled after Mr. Manickavel arrested HR & CE’s Chief Sthapathi M. Muthiah and also Additional Commissioner (Thiruppani) M. Kavitha.
Philippines bags Miss Universe 2018 Crown As per report India's Nehal Chudasama failed to make it to the Top 20 of the Miss Universe 2018 pageant, where Catriona Elisa Gray from Philippines pipped 93 contestants from around the world to emerge the winner as chosen by an all women jury. Reportedly India had pinned high hopes on Nehal, 22, to end a long drought for the country at the pageant as Lara Dutta had last brought back the crown in 2000.
- Pawan is becoming a sample for social media trollers
- Russian President Putin's calendar sales in Japan in peak
- KCR planning something big against Naidu politically
- Despite promises, the intention to arrest Mallya!
- Orange alert for Andhra and Pondy!
- Rahul Gandhi, the PM Candidate!
- 50 Trains cancelled in Coastal AP due to Cyclone Phethai
- Tropical cyclone off the Coast in Australia
- KTR becomes TRS Working President
- I have strength to defeat PM: MK Stalin
- KCRs First Election Promise been fulfilled
- Bangladesh celebrated 47th Victory Day
- IMD says Cyclone Phethai was 270 km off coast of Kakinada
- Male Elephant passed away while crossing electrocuted fence
- Karunanidhi statue unveiled in DMK HQ