Sources from Vienna stated that Saudi oil minister Khalid Al Falih said the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries or OPEC will consider views of world leaders such as Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who represent the voice of major consuming nations, with seriousness before taking a decision on cutting output to support falling prices. Accordingly India is the world's third largest oil consuming nation, which is more than 80% dependent on imports to meet its energy needs.
Meanwhile it is led by PM Modi, it has been very strongly making a case for oil producers' cartel OPEC to price crude at reasonable and responsible rates. When speaking to reporters at the OPEC meet, he said "We take the views of Prime Minister Narendra Modi seriously who (like US President Donald Trump) is equally vocal about the issue. We just met him in Buenos Aires (during G20 summit) and privately he made those points very strongly that he does care for Indian consumers and is very serious about it and he had also seen him at three times at various energy events in India where he was very vocal."
Moreover growing concerns that oil producers won't reach an agreement to aggressively reduce production has also weighed on prices. West Texas Intermediate crude for January delivery lost USD 2.3, or 4.4%, to USD 50.59 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange.
2 Young Women decided to contest Telangana Panchayat Polls Accordingly not limiting themselves to expressing outrage on social media, or lamenting that Indian politics is ridden with corruption, two young women in the state have sprung a surprise by deciding to contest in the Telangana Panchayat elections. Meanwhile these two women are 24 year old Sushmitha Naidu from Nizamabad and 30 year old Sai Pravallika Nagam from Ghatkesar.
- 2.0 s costumes, Robot Models exhibited at Chennai Island Grounds
- Vishal confirms his wedding with Hyderabad based Businessman daughter
- 2 Women who unsuccessfully attempted to enter Sabarimala temple begins hunger strike
- Flight operations at Bengaluru airport to face disruptions from February 14 to 24
- Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front?
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?
- Mahesh Kathi comes with another controversy with Pawan Kalyan
- Trump ordered American feast of burgers for visiting football team
- Telugu comedian Brahmanandam undergone bypass surgery
- AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal!
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu