Sources from Vienna stated that Saudi oil minister Khalid Al Falih said the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries or OPEC will consider views of world leaders such as Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who represent the voice of major consuming nations, with seriousness before taking a decision on cutting output to support falling prices. Accordingly India is the world's third largest oil consuming nation, which is more than 80% dependent on imports to meet its energy needs.
Meanwhile it is led by PM Modi, it has been very strongly making a case for oil producers' cartel OPEC to price crude at reasonable and responsible rates. When speaking to reporters at the OPEC meet, he said "We take the views of Prime Minister Narendra Modi seriously who (like US President Donald Trump) is equally vocal about the issue. We just met him in Buenos Aires (during G20 summit) and privately he made those points very strongly that he does care for Indian consumers and is very serious about it and he had also seen him at three times at various energy events in India where he was very vocal."
Moreover growing concerns that oil producers won't reach an agreement to aggressively reduce production has also weighed on prices. West Texas Intermediate crude for January delivery lost USD 2.3, or 4.4%, to USD 50.59 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange.
17413 Crore Pending Bills in Andhra Pradesh Andhra Pradesh treasury has become empty after the TDP government was on an overdrive of Welfare Schemes to please the people before the election. The State has come to a Position in which except Pensions and employees' salaries noting can be paid. Bills worth whopping amount of Rs 17,413 crore is pending as on April 22nd.
- AP Government Admits Tapping Phones of YSR Congress Leaders?
- BJP Terrorist candidate Sandhvi says her cancer was cured by drinking Cow Urine
- Chennai to face cyclone soon!
- AP Chief Secretary in Delhi with Chandrababu Crime Files
- Tirupathi man dies after suicide prank
- Janasena Symbol To Be Changed in Telangana?
- Indian gold medal winner is from a poor family - Her mom doesn't even knows to switch on the TV
- Chandrababu Behind Intermediate Fiasco in Telangana?
- Ambulance Driver loses license for his fraudulent practices
- Khushbu Sundar and Tharoor got Slammed for throwing blame on Modi for everything!
- ISIS involved in Srilanka blasts?
- Why AP Chief Secretary wanted to speak to all Collectors & SPs?
- 15 transgender persons came to vote for LS elections in Kerala
- Tussle between Revenue department officials & TRS chief KCR has gone worse
- Saudi Arabia beheads 37 citizens convicted of terrorism