Accordingly united Adilabad, which is considered to be an economically and socially backward district, in Telangana has recorded the highest polling percentage in the state at 75.6%. Meanwhile on the other hand, the most urban district of the state, Hyderabad, has unfortunately recorded a polling percentage of 50%. Poll Maths Hyderabad Should Learn from Adilabad. According to the Election Commission, the total voting percentage across the state was nearly 70%.
Furthermore the enthusiasm visible in rural voters who came out in huge numbers to vote was missing in those from the state capital. Political analyst stated a long weekend could have been a reason for low voter turnout in Hyderabad. Accordingly many people took to twitter to voice their concern of a low voter percentage, while some said that "people who protest against bad amenities, should have come out to vote and exercise their democratic right." Some of them, however, believed that not voting is also a democratic right.
Moreover some of them pointed out that there was huge number of deletions from voters list when people had gone to vote. Some of them also made fun of the Election Commission saying that missing votes could be more than voting percentage in Hyderabad.
Jagan's New Rule Detrimental to Investments in Andhra Pradesh? The Ruling Party in Andhra Pradesh has introduced a bill on the employment of local candidates in industries and factories mandate the state government to ensure 75 percent of employment opportunities to locals. It also puts the government under obligation to provide training to eligible local candidates.
- AP Opposition Leader & FM had heated argument about WB funding
- Congress Becomes Headless in Andhra Pradesh
- Will 86 Indian Sailors Held Captive in Indonesia be released?
- Three TDP MLAs Suspended from AP Assembly
- YS Jagan's Bumper Offer to Junior NTR?
- Farewell given to ESL Narasimhan by AP CM Jagan
- AP CM Jagan greeted ISRO team for launching Chandrayaan 2 successfully
- UIDAI to appoint adjudicating Officer to deal in contravention cases
- Picture of Priyanka Chopra smoking gone viral
- Chandrayaan 2 successfully launched by ISRO
- Did Kerala successfully fought against Nipah Virus?
- Sri Reddy is tech savvy & knows just how to use social media
- Telangana CM KCR reached his native village
- Why no Top Official greeted Pakistani OM Imran Khan at Dulles Airport?
- Visakhapatnam facing crunch of Domestic flights