Sydney sources stated that New South Wales state police said a surfer was severely mauled by a shark off Australia's east coast, officials said Sunday, the latest in a series of attacks in recent months. Meanwhile the 36 year old was surfing near Scotts Head Beach some 490 kilometres (300 miles) north of Sydney in the morning when he was bitten.
Surf Life Saving NSW said "The man suffered a severe leg injury below his knee on his right leg," and he had five deep lacerations and he suffered a lot of blood loss." He was in the water with several other surfers when he disappeared. Furthermore Surf Life Saving spokeswoman Donna Wishart told national broadcaster one of them has seen him disappear under the water, with a flume of water spraying up and then the victim has lifted his arm up to indicate he was having a problem”.
Moreover officials said it was not yet known what shark species was involved. Further the attack was the eighth off Australian beaches in three months, amid public debate about how to reduce the risk of encounters between sharks and the growing number of people using the ocean for leisure. Accordingly New South Wales, Australia's most populous state, has trialed non-lethal measures such as aerial drones to track shark movements and "smart" drum lines that alert authorities to their presence.
When Lokesh Greeted Jagan with Folded Hands Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy for the first time entered the AP Legislative Council Session on Monday. The first day of the 33rd Session commenced in the morning and was presided by Shariff Mohammed Ahmed the Chairman of the AP Legislative Council.
- Jagan's Popularity Soaring in Amaravati?
- Heat wave to continue in Chennai: IMD
- Chandrababu is Torture, Jagan is Torch-Bearer
- Which will make Rahul Gandhi stronger?
- AP Minister Calls Nara Lokesh as Mangalagiri Pappu in the Assembly
- Sri Reddy's next target is Actor Vishal
- Bar dancer stripped and attacked!
- Man cheats 32000 and escapes!
- Women directors for Chandrayaan 2!
- Girl dies as mother searches water!
- AP CM Jagan works for getting Special Category Status to AP
- BSNL website has listed the 'Abhinandan-151' prepaid recharge plan
- Trump called media corrupt & said journalists are enemy of the people
- Is Tamilnadu Govt doing its best to tackle the ongoing water crisis in the state?
- Telangana to receive Monsoon by June 20