Accordingly In an effort to tackle the concerns surrounding women’s safety, the Union Ministry of Women and Children's Development is set to introduce its National women's emergency helpline in Tamilnadu as well. Reportedly the inauguration for the helpline’s call centre took place yesterday in Chennai.
Earlier in 2013, the Union Ministry of Women and Child Development introduced its helpline number after the Nirbhaya incident occurred in Delhi. Furthermore in Tamilnadu, the Department of Social Welfare and Nutritious Meal Program will be launching the helpline along with the state health department, District Legal Services Authorities and the police department to carry out the functions of the helpline.
Accordingly the ‘181’ hotline will be staffed round the clock to provide the necessary assistance and security to women. Moreover the contact centre for the helpline will be set up at the Amma centre in Ambattur and the Chief Minister Edappadi Palaniswami will be inaugurating the facility on Monday. Hence people can call the 181 number for assistance at anytime. Moreover in addition to calling for help during an emergency, women can also use the hotline to get information about their rights.
Janasena Silent Voting Makes Chandrababu Sleepless A week after polling for Assembly and Lok Sabha elections in AP, it is slowly emerging that there has been a 'silent voting' in favor of Pawan Kalyan's Jana Sena which will damage the prospects of the ruling Telugu Desam Party. The ground reports obtained by TDP says that Janasena damaged TDP prospects in Uttarandhra and Godavari districts.
- Why PK team left before the AP results out?
- Chandrababu Behind EVMs Malfunctioning in Andhra Pradesh
- LV Subrahmanyam Gets Time for Taking Revenge on Chandrababu
- Man kills wife by cutting head!
- BJP MLA says Kumarasamy is buffalo!
- Tik Tok removed by Google from Play store!
- Chennai Beach - Arakkonam - Chengalpet services coming soon!
- Karnataka IAS officer suspended for checking Modi's helicopter?
- North Korea oversees test of new weapon -KCNA
- Reliance registered as seller on online stopped accepting fresh orders for products
- Why Sundar Pichai did not cast his vote in Tamilnadu?
- Karnataka & West Bengal face violent situation during second phase of voting
- Will Pawan come in front of media & boast of CM seat his party will win?
- Earth's surface has been warming globally over the past 15 years: NASA
- Kunwer Sachdeva, History Maker Founder & CEO, Su-Kam