According to sources despite a massive campaign organized by the election commission to ensure that people get out and vote in Telangana's December 7 polls, the voter turnout in Hyderabad, this year too, fell to a dismal figure of 48.89% compared to 53% in 2014 and 58% in 2009. Reports added the figure is the lowest ever since elections were held after Hyderabad was liberated from the Nizams in 1949 and Charminar recorded the least turnout in Hyderabad, with just over 40% in the Old City.
Meanwhile in contrast to the polling percentage in urban areas of Telangana, the rural constituencies saw a higher voter turnout, some even touching more than 90%. Furthermore among these, the SC/ST constituencies saw record voter turnouts of up to 91.27% in Madhira, an SC constituency, followed by Nakrekal with an 88.49% voter turnout, Wyra at 87.99% (an ST constituency) and Dornakal at 85.80%.
Moreover Raghavendra said “Leaders at the grassroots levels are more connected with the people, owing to a smaller geographical area. People, especially those working with the private sector in cities, rarely have anything to do with their political leader, but in villages, from subsidies, insurance to welfare schemes, people are on a closer proximity with the government. In urban areas, compared to villages, there are lesser chances that people may know who even their MLA candidate is”.
TRS MP Kavita selected for Fame India Extraordinary Parliamentarian award 2019 According to sources Nizamabad TRS MP and Founding President, Telangana Jagruthi NGO, Kalvakuntla Kavitha was recently selected for the Fame India Extraordinary Parliamentarian award 2019. Meanwhile as part of the Fame India-Asia Post magazine Adarsh division which conducts a survey called the Shresht Sansad Survey, she was selected for this prestigious award.
- India's first ever all women political party launched in Mumbai
- Picture of an antiseptic labeled cough syrup with logo of Govt of Tamilnadu went viral
- Imran Khan is agent of change Senator Lindsey Graham looking for
- Politics in Andhra Pradesh are turning Hot each day
- TTD endeavors to ease Darshan for Children & Senior Citizens
- Hyderabad Auto drivers facing a tough competition from Uber & Ola
- Actor Ajith pens to his Fans to concentrate in Studies
- Zomato suspended Restaurant for adding Plastic in Paneer Dish
- Government of Tamilnadu is Executing Agency of Chennai peripheral Ring Road project
- Major fire accident broke out in Vizag Steel Plant
- Why Mehul Choksi surrendered Indian Citizenship?
- Tamilisai bats for TN CM!
- World's cutest dog passes away!
- Politician - Actress Divya Spandana trolled!
- Tamilisai plan to exploit Thala fans!