Accordingly counting of votes for the Telangana assembly election 2018 began at 8 am on Tuesday and the results will seal the fate of 1,821 candidates in the fray. Meanwhile this is Telangana’s first assembly election and is likely to see a straight fight between the ruling TRS and the Congress led opposition alliance. Reportedly Telengana elections were due in May 2019. TRS leader and chief minister K Chandrasekhar Rao took a huge gamble by calling these elections 6 months early and if you go by the exit polls predictions, KCR’s gamble is likely to pay off.
Meanwhile all exit polls for Telangana show K Chandrashekhar Rao of the TRS ahead in the race to bag a majority in 119 member assembly. Furthermore the Congress had fought KCR’s early poll gamble with the four party Maha Kootami, for which it had roped in its one time fierce foe, the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) of Chandrababu Naidu. As per report the BJP, which had contested the 2014 polls in alliance with the TDP, is also contesting all seats, while Asaduddin Owaisi’s All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) is contesting eight assembly constituencies in Hyderabad and supporting the TRS elsewhere in the state.
Accordingly TRS minister and chief minister KCR’s nephew T Harish Rao leads by 6000 votes in first round in Siddhipet constituency. Meanwhile Revanth Reddy of Congress is leading in Kodangal. He is the likely chief ministerial candidate of People’s Front if the alliance forms the government. Further Caretaker chief minister KC Chandrasekhar Rao is leading in Gajwel by 4, 863 votes in first round of counting and TRS MP K Kavitha believes voters will bring them back to power, and that too independently and they are very confident about it.
World Bank withdrew from Amaravati due to Corruption, say AP officials The World Bank has decided not to fund Amaravati Sustainable Capital City Development Project, the ambitious project of former Andhra Pradesh chief minister Chandrababu Naidu. The World Bank's Website marked the project as 'Dropped'. The total project cost was USD 715 million with the World Bank planning to provide a loan of USD 300 million.
- Ganta Blackmailing Chandrababu Naidu?
- CM Jagan Announces A New Record of Both the Telugu States
- Telangana DGP warns about Cyber Criminals Online
- House in Telangana's urban areas will no longer require permissions from local bodies
- Unnecessary issue for Telangana Home Minister by his Grandson in TikTok
- Huge drop sees in Hotel Occupancy rate in Vijayawada!
- Are you Aged yourself in FaceApp which is going viral
- Kishan Reddy To Be Telangana BJP CM Candidate?
- 2766 Crore Power Scam in TDP Regime
- CM Jagan Takes A Historic Decision for Social Justice
- Infosys co-founder awarded honorary degree of Doctor of Science by University of London
- Holiday declared for all schools & colleges in Karnataka today due to Heavy Rain
- 4 Dams shutters opened in Kerala due to heavy rain
- To boost MSME CM Jagan launched "YSR Navodayam"
- Telangana ACB looks into ESI Medicine supplies scam