According to sources India’s youngest state will likely see a Telangana Rashtra Samithi led government for the second consecutive time, as the party is leading in 93 seats in the 119 member Assembly, at the time of writing. Meanwhile the Prajakutami comprising the Congress, the Telugu Desam Party (TDP), the Communist Party of India (CPI) and the Telangana Jana Samithi (TJS) has been decimated and they are leading in just 18 seats.
Reportedly KCR is winning from Gajwel, members of the first family are also winning with a significant majority. As per report KT Rama Rao, KCR’s son and a minister in the previous cabinet, is leading from Sircilla. Harish Rao, KCR’s nephew and the former Irrigation Minister, is leading from Siddipet.
Moreover political observers said that the TRS was keen to go in for early polls as they believed that simultaneous Assembly and Lok Sabha elections may not help it properly highlight the welfare and developmental works undertaken in the last four years. Furthermore four and a half years after forming the first government in the newly created Telangana, riding on the Telangana sentiment, the TRS made a determined bid to retain power on the basis of development and welfare schemes.
Satya Pal Malik, likely to be appointed as the Lieutenant-General of the Union Territory of J&K Satya Pal Malik, the incumbent governor of the state of Jammu and Kashmir, is likely to be appointed as the Lieutenant-Governor of the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir on 31 October. Meanwhile Malik, who has been associated with political parties of all hues, was the first career politician to be appointed to the gubernatorial position of the politically sensitive state in 51 years after Karan Singh whose term had ended in 1967.
- Pakistani pop singer Rabi Pirzada now threatened Narendra Modi with a suicide attack
- 3,00,000 Public Sector Bank Employees strike against Govt plans was fruitful?
- DK Shivakumar granted bail in Money laundering case
- Hyderabadis to celebrate Eco Friendly Diwali this year
- Botsa is known for confusion!
- Tollywood Producer Bandla Ganesh Arrested
- Chandrababu Desperately Wooing BJP High Command?
- Nayanthara is Brand Ambassador for Katrina Kaif Beauty Line for South
- Sand Shortage Continues To Haunt Jagan Government
- Bombay HC cancels government order on phone tapping
- TN Govt announces new announcement for 10,11 & 12 Board Exams
- This Man displayed 'AP CM Jagan', as permanent iron plates in his car number plates
- Canadian prime ministry was saved by Indo-Canadian Sikh man
- Cash, drugs & freebies in Assembly polls in Maharashtra and Haryana in huge jump
- Devendra Fadnavis seeking a second term as CM of Maharashtra