Reserve Bank of India governor Urjit Patel has announced that he is resigning from his role. There has been a strong war between the central government and Reserve bank of India over the past few months, and there has been a constant complaint that, the central government has not been letting the RBI to function independently.
The employees of RBI, deputy governor too had complained against the central government and following this, now Governor Urjit Patel has resigned from his post. Union finance minister Arun Jaitley had complained against the working of RBI numerous times, and there had always been a clash regarding the granting of loans by the Reserve bank and central govt had always accused RBI for the downfall of Indian economy.
Though there had been a clash with govt, Urjit Patel has not mentioned anything regarding that, and recently govt had asked 3.6 lakh crores out of the RBI reserves of 9.6 lakh crores, and due to this there was a conflict. Urjit has however said that he is resigning for personal reasons, and has not criticized the central government.
Guv made remarks on Indian Army's action against terrorist camps inside POK Sources from Srinagar stated that Jammu and Kashmir Governor Satya Pal Malik on Monday said India will dismantle terrorist infrastructures inside Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (POK) if the terrorism emanating from the neighboring country's soil is not dealt with. He said when speaking to reporters
- Jagan Insulted by the Central Government?
- Telangana police seizes AP CM Jagan Car
- First bitter experience for Jagan as Chief Minister at Delhi!
- Reliable Survey Agency about Huzurnagar Result
- AP Farmers exchanges Vegetables for plastic bags
- AIMPLB moves to court seeking no jail term for triple Talaq
- 52 Kgs of Plastic removed from Cow's stomach in TN
- PMC bank scam claims another life in Maharashtra
- Donald Trump humiliated NASA astronauts at ISS for being "first ever female spacewalkers"
- Did Kiran Bedi attempt to give away part of Puducherry to AP?
- IRCTC pays compensation for late running of Tejas Express
- Exit polls predicted comfortable win for BJP in Maharashtra & Haryana
- After unprovoked firing, Indian army kills many terrorists in PoK
- Temporary Crèches set up in Maharashtra booths to help women voters
- Will Siddaramaiah vacate Cauvery Bungalow for Yeddyurappa to reside?