With the Assembly elections of the 5 states being seen as a kind of semi final before the Lok Sabha elections scheduled next year, the BJP party has faced an unexpected huge loss, following the declaration of the votes counted in the 5 states of Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Mizoram, Chattisgarh and Rajasthan. Telangana had the ruling Telangana Rashtriya samiti winning single handed, winning 87 seats, followed by Congress at a distant second with 19 seats, and the Bharatiya Janatha party which had aimed at an entry into south via Telangana, faced huge shocker winning just a single seat.
Rajasthan had Congress reigning supreme, winning 99 seats, while BJP came second, with 74 seats, and 101 seats are needed for majority. Madhya Pradesh turned out to be a close contest, with Congress inched ahead of BJP with 111 seats as BJP got 110, and 116 seats are needed for majority, and BSP has 2 seats, and GGP has 1 seat, and the rest have won 6 seats in the state. Chattisgarh was another strong area for Congress as they secured a victory in 66 seats, while BJP could win only 16, and 46 was the count needed for majority, making it a massive win for Congress, and an unexpected upset for Chief minister Raman Singh who was expected to remain unscathed.
In Mizoram, with 21 seats required for majority, the Mizo National Front had won 26 seats winning supreme, and Congress won 5 seats coming second, and BJP had won just 1 seat. This defeat has come across as a reality check for BJP with the growing displeasure among people on the party and also a threat for the 2019 Lok Sabha elections.
Hyderabad Police organized Job Connect program to provide job opportunities Accordingly the Falaknuma police in Hyderabad organized a 'Job Connect' program at The Progress High School in Engine Bowli as part of its ‘community policing’ initiative. Meanwhile the police said that a total of 4,200 youth, both men and women holding various educational qualifications, had attended the program held between 9 am and 5 pm.
- GoAir to operate services from Kannur to Muscat from February 28
- Did Sasikala have special privileges in Jail?
- Telangana CM KCR's ideology to make Telangana roads shine like a Mirror
- Lalu Prasad Yadav to get a verdict on January 28!
- H.Raja gets triggered with Stalin speech!
- Dhanush's costar reveals sexual harassment trouble!
- Did Congress MLA gift Mercedes Benz to Siddaramaiah?
- I salute Manohar Parrikar's efforts at work," PM Modi
- Muhurtam for Telangana CM KCR's Chandiyaagam is fixed
- Traffic diversions in Chennai for Republic Day Parade
- UNESCO names Rio De Janeiro as 2020 World's Capital Structure
- Sri Lanka wants to take back all Sri Lankan Tamil refugees in India
- Rythu Bandhu Scheme becomes part of National Agenda of action: Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan
- Maverick director RGV to come up with a creative poster goes Viral
- CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue