Sources from Chennai stated that Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, has recorded the highest number of offers it has received in the first phase of placement season which concluded Saturday. Accordingly as many as 888 offers were made by 195 companies, including the 136 pre-placement offers, taking the total number of offers to a record 1,024. An IIT-M release said the previous record for the highest placement offers was 1,019 in 2014-15.
Reportedly Microsoft, Intel Technology, Citibank, Micron Technology, Qualcomm were some of the top companies that made most number of job offers to its students. Furthermore it said around 1,300 students had registered for the campus placement season during 2018-19 and there were more than 490 job profiles from nearly 326 companies during the phase I of placements held between December 1 and 8, 2018.
The release quoted IIT Madras, Advisor (placement), Prof Manu Santhanam as saying “We had an excellent Phase I this year in spite of the reduced duration of only eight days. The demand for students in computing and analytics sectors was strong and they expect more companies to come in Phase II”, Prof Santhanam said. Companies engaged in research and development recorded the maximum number of placements making 346 offers followed by IT (290), analytics and finance verticals (248)”.
Janasena Silent Voting Makes Chandrababu Sleepless A week after polling for Assembly and Lok Sabha elections in AP, it is slowly emerging that there has been a 'silent voting' in favor of Pawan Kalyan's Jana Sena which will damage the prospects of the ruling Telugu Desam Party. The ground reports obtained by TDP says that Janasena damaged TDP prospects in Uttarandhra and Godavari districts.
- Why PK team left before the AP results out?
- Chandrababu Behind EVMs Malfunctioning in Andhra Pradesh
- LV Subrahmanyam Gets Time for Taking Revenge on Chandrababu
- Man kills wife by cutting head!
- BJP MLA says Kumarasamy is buffalo!
- Tik Tok removed by Google from Play store!
- Chennai Beach - Arakkonam - Chengalpet services coming soon!
- Karnataka IAS officer suspended for checking Modi's helicopter?
- North Korea oversees test of new weapon -KCNA
- Reliance registered as seller on online stopped accepting fresh orders for products
- Why Sundar Pichai did not cast his vote in Tamilnadu?
- Karnataka & West Bengal face violent situation during second phase of voting
- Will Pawan come in front of media & boast of CM seat his party will win?
- Earth's surface has been warming globally over the past 15 years: NASA
- Kunwer Sachdeva, History Maker Founder & CEO, Su-Kam